09:53 PM on 04/14/11
Macbeth.
User Info.
Don't get the New Again comparisons AT ALL. This is totally a classic TBS song
10:14 PM on 04/14/11
adamoflazzarath
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great song...but within 5 seconds you can tell Eric Valentine produced this, and that's not a good thing. His drum sounds piss me off more than anything. No meat to them at all. I know he's done some big records, but I don't see the appeal.

I agree that the drum sound on this record so far is not good but i think he did an amazing job overall on louder now...my contention is that this album should have had a similar sound production wise to louder now, just with its own feel (ie different guitar tones, production tricks) but the bass tone on louder now was fucking awesome and the drums rocked (just listen to makedamnsure that song smacks) The vocals were awesome as well...This song (best places to be a mom) sounds super fucking poppy and im not talking about the any of the writing im strictly talking about the production...still the original live version had better lyrics and a better melody...."eject the preconseptions, we both surely have" is piss poor for tbs...."she says live up to your first impression, my best side was your worst invention"...now thats fucking awesome
10:20 PM on 04/14/11
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
Good tune...still kinda wish they recorded the version of this song they played back in June

glad im not the only one who loved the version they played at the reunion shows
12:08 AM on 04/15/11
spokethewords
User Info.
This.

This song is awesome. I wish it wasn't so polished though, like the demo version of this song.
12:32 AM on 04/15/11
ScarsThatSmile
Just go with the flow
User Info.
this.

album is going to be a letdown. Can barely hear John, it all sounds like Adam...dammit.

edit- The Flyleaf song is amazing- I've had it for awhile now, I recommend it to all.

You're not an intelligent person are you? This is gold and this CD is going to be absolutely amazing.

You bite your tongue sir.
12:33 AM on 04/15/11
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Good song.
05:51 AM on 04/15/11
BruceWayne
User Info.
I think the New Again comparisons happen because of the strange/unique way Adam articulates each lyric. He started doing that a lot with NA (not on the first three records) and its present now...
06:54 AM on 04/15/11
tarynnosaurus!
@tarynnjanine
User Info.
Holy fuck this is perfect.
Also, the Ben Folds song is absolutely amazing, I started listening to it and busted up laughing in class, haha!
06:55 AM on 04/15/11
JamesBond
User Info.
You're not an intelligent person are you? This is gold and this CD is going to be absolutely amazing.

You bite your tongue sir.
wow you're right. I don't know what i was thinking; this album is going to blow my socks off. If people loved Tell All Your Friends and Where You Want To Be, I know they'll just love all this new found screaming and blended in Dual Vocals. HIP HIP HOORAY FOR TAKING BACK SUNDAY
06:56 AM on 04/15/11
thirtyfourdays
Brandon
User Info.
doesnt sound like anything on new again. maybe the articulation, but that's really it. i actually love that part of his vocals. i think he's a much improved singer and actually has great control of his voice now. just my opinion.

super stoked for this album.

for the people judging the production: please don't judge any production on 128kbps web stream. at least get a 320kbps mp3 or wait till the cd comes out to pass judgement. mp3's are so compressed (especially the ones that are streaming) i'm not the hugest eric valentine fan either, but im not gonna judge his production on a stream of a song.
07:25 AM on 04/15/11
BruceWayne
User Info.
glad im not the only one who loved the version they played at the reunion shows
Yea I loved that version- I think had a way better structure (less tbs formula), better verses and that breakdown was money... but I guess the recorded version's chorus now makes sense lyrically...
07:26 AM on 04/15/11
Macbeth.
User Info.
I think the New Again comparisons happen because of the strange/unique way Adam articulates each lyric. He started doing that a lot with NA (not on the first three records) and its present now...
That makes a lot of sense, good point. I suppose you could say the instrumentals and structure of the song are classic, but the vocals and production quality is certainly closer to NA.
08:08 AM on 04/15/11
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Sounds fucking horrible...the demo sounded way better...adam is over articulating every word and this production sounds super poppy...drums are too compressed and snappy...they should have kept this song how it was originally when they first played it live...totally disappointed....congrats tbs now you are just like the rest of them...and the fact that ppl are questioning whether this is a final mix or not says alot about how valentine had a hand in this...im getting more and more worried about how this album will turn out

I agree a bit, i'm still disappointed at how they changed the song...at least they added the cool guitar bit at the end again.
08:23 AM on 04/15/11
jds10912
User Info.
yes.
08:28 AM on 04/15/11
meroki22
MYOPINIONISRIGHTERTHANYOU RSRAAWWR!
User Info.
The song is perfect but the demo sounded so much better.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos