AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Help Mike Bird

Posted by - 07:34 PM on 04/18/11
A 19-year-old kid suffered a severe spinal injury during the April 14th date of the Stick Tight tour (Terror, Trapped Under Ice, etc.) in Buffalo, NY. He is without insurance, and facing a lengthy hospital stay following emergency spinal surgery. A Paypal account has been setup to collect donations. A full description of the situation, as well as information on how to make a donation, can be found here.

Submitted by Mute Print

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 83
07:38 PM on 04/18/11
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
This really sucks. Hardcore is a family and it really sucks when someone from that family is hurt. I hope he recovers and can figure out this financial situation. My condolences.
07:41 PM on 04/18/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish this guy a speedy recovery.
07:42 PM on 04/18/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
Damn that's rough. Didn't something else crazy happen at a Trapped Under Ice show recently, too?
07:44 PM on 04/18/11
NickIsI
User Info.
Damn that's rough. Didn't something else crazy happen at a Trapped Under Ice show recently, too?
This incident has nothing to do with Trapped Under Ice. They weren't playing when this happen, I'm pretty sure.
07:45 PM on 04/18/11
brandon_260
User Info.
My heart goes out to this guy. Wish him a speedy recovery
07:46 PM on 04/18/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
This incident has nothing to do with Trapped Under Ice. They weren't playing when this happen, I'm pretty sure.

I wasn't trying to place blame...just curious
07:46 PM on 04/18/11
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.

i'm pretty sure the singer went all ben weasel on some kid and broke their nose or jaw or something like that.
07:49 PM on 04/18/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
this sucks...its unfortunate that stuff like this happens....a similar incident happened at a Stick to your guns show in Syracuse last year.

this kind of story makes me nervous to stage dive. its a rush and fun and all but kids gotta realize how dangerous it can be.
07:52 PM on 04/18/11
NickIsI
User Info.
Stick To Your Guns is on the tour too.

I read in another post that was linked from TUI's twitter that the kid did a stage dive, and somebody dove right after him, right on top of him, and he fell weird hitting his head and back. Either way, it really sucks.

EDIT: I found the link.
http://fuckyeahmosh.tumblr.com/post/...the-sake-of-an
07:55 PM on 04/18/11
Shunketsu
haxxxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, but not surprised that it happened at a Terror show.
Wish this guy a full & fast recovery. Wish I could donate to help the d00d out.
07:56 PM on 04/18/11
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
why would you eve leave your house without health insurance. dumb as hell. that shit saves lives from being ruined because of a freak accident like this
07:57 PM on 04/18/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
why would you eve leave your house without health insurance. dumb as hell. that shit saves lives from being ruined because of a freak accident like this

you're an idiot
08:05 PM on 04/18/11
seventwenty3
User Info.
Yeah because everyone has it and all. You're a fucking moron.
08:06 PM on 04/18/11
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.

Dude it's dangerous as fuck and this shit happens all the time. I know it's not the best situation for most people but I'm tired of hearing stories exactly like this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos