|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Just Visiting (NYC) Questions answered by Johnny Roset Cervini
1. How did you get your band name?
I came up with it the moment I first touched a guitar. I joked around and said “I’m gonna be the leader of a big rock band named “Just Visiting.” I kind of just remained faithful to the joke for the last 14 years.
2. How did this band get started?
I learned some of the basics of guitar from our rhythm guitarist, Mike Burke. He lived on one of the same floors as me in my freshman year and I would pass by his room and hear cool riffs. He taught me some theory and we’ve stayed friends ever since. Very conveniently, his brother Dennis Burke is our bassist and, to round out the band, I met Michael Demetrious, our drummer, while we were attaining our Real Estate licenses at the same time. I did a whole bunch of open mics just to try out the singing thing and I got good feedback and never looked back and kept singing since I realized I could.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I’m mostly influenced by the whole movement that happened in the early to mid-90s. If I was forced at gunpoint to answer this, I would say Nirvana and The Pixies. From the current musical scene, I think the only rock bands that have my attention are Kopek and 30 Seconds To Mars.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a cat. I am a moody Aquarius and cats are like that. Loners when they need to be and extroverts the rest of the time.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our music is sincere and relates to very universal emotions and themes - Codependancy, Addiction, Vulnerability in Relationships.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard
do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would want the song “As I Climb.” It wouldn’t be too hard, but it wouldn’t be too easy either.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, mom, dad, brother and cat Sebastian.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That I’m not dominating it.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Some of the most memorable nights of my life are nights I can’t remember.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
If my life depended on this question, I’d be dead.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Life In A Shoebox"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Santa Marta, Colombia or Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I’d like to have the superpower to execute racists, pedophiles, women beaters, animal abusers and other selected wastes of space. Reason being, they deserve execution.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don’t think we’ve quite “made it” yet, but we have certainly arrived.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I usually write a full song and have a complete arrangement in my head for it in about 20 minutes.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween. It’s the day of the year when everyone wears two masks instead of just one.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read, Write, Soccer, Poetry, Live Music, Movies, etc.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Well, how am I supposed to know? You just said they're “hidden.”
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author