Username
Password

09:15 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
aldelpriore
Sup?
Ashtabula, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
Ehh, read mine. I hate how people think morals have a place in atheism.

I'm in no way an atheist. Not even the slightest.
09:15 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
The CIA probably had JFK assassinated.

I can't make sense of WTC Building #7.

Brand New - Daisy was a horrid record.

I am a Buffalo sports fan.

And to think I ever hated you
09:17 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
aldelpriore
Sup?
Ashtabula, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm pretty Catholic and I'm not forced to follow any crazy rules...

Nothing personal. There's a group of people on the same floor as me at my school that are really deep into religion. One kid won't even wear shorts because it's against what people of his religion should do. I think it's kinda wrong to change people's lifestyles for any reason besides their own will.
09:18 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
salt1384
don't believe a word
New York
Female - 21 Years Old
Nothing personal. There's a group of people on the same floor as me at my school that are really deep into religion. One kid won't even wear shorts because it's against what people of his religion should do. I think it's kinda wrong to change people's lifestyles for any reason besides their own will.

Yeah, I guess that's a little extreme...
09:20 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
aldelpriore
Sup?
Ashtabula, Ohio
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, I guess that's a little extreme...

In all honestly I respect religion when it's not extreme. I respect people who use it to help them through hard times or to better themselves. I just don't respect when it becomes controlling.
09:23 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
Texas
Female - 23 Years Old
I don't think people should speak baby talk- whether they're talking to a baby or not.
09:24 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
losnoufy
No Avatar Selected
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
I go to Emerson College, one of the most liberal and infuriatingly politically correct institutions in the country. When I was a freshman, I took a speech class in which I was the only dude (or the only one that happened to show up on the day that I'm about to describe). One girl gave an interactive speech (so, basically, a group debate) about benevolent sexism. While all the girls and the professor talked bullshit about how the fucking sky falls every time a man offers to do something nice for them, I kept my fucking mouth shut. Then the professor said, "I'd love to have a man's point of view on this." I said, "You guys aren't going to like my opinion, so I think I'll just let it go." Obviously, that didn't fly. So I said, "Well, sometimes I hold the door open for my girlfriend and offer to help carry her bags...and she thinks it's nice. I'm sorry." So for the rest of the 45 minutes or so, I got barraged with dirty looks, scoffs, self-righteous comments, etc. I had to listen to these bitches talk shit about me AND my defenseless girlfriend for the rest of the class. Needless to say, I didn't say another word all semester. It's ironic, because they sell kids on Emerson by saying it's a very open-minded place where you can feel comfortable sharing your opinion. Only if it conforms with everyone else's, apparently.

Oh, I also got a lot of shit my junior year by defending John Mayer during the whole "my cock is a white supremacist" thing. I don't think it's racist of him to prefer white women to black women sexually...although he probably could have worded it better.
09:25 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
spunkmastaflex
silkysmoooth
Bloomington, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Angelina Jolie is not that attractive, and The Office isn't funny.
09:27 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
Queens, New York
Female - 22 Years Old
Really don't care much for TBS, and their new record will probably be mediocre at best.

Also, kids suck. I don't like how everything revolves around children. I don't want kids and I'll be happy with my life.

Different races need to intermingle more, I'm tired of their voluntary segregation crap.

If you have lived in this country all your life, stop talking about how "the man" is trying to bring you down. Go to a library, learn to read better, go to school, take out loans, major in something useful and make something of your life. Stop selling drugs and fucking everything that moves and stop making excuses for your predicament. My family came to this country with 7 dollars in their pocket and they're all successful now, why? Because they worked HARD. I don't like when minorities say they can't get anywhere in life, yes you can, stop being a baby and work for it.

Stop blaming the government for EVERYTHING! How about you get off your ass and fix some problems yourself?

Also, Inglorious bastards was the most retarded movie I have even seen in theaters.
09:35 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
I think the vast majority of Atheists are just lazy quitters. If you don't like one religion, go find another one. There are thousands. Don't just get fed up with Christianity and decide there is no God or meaning to life. C'mon people I know.
09:36 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
2LW
I'm starting to decompose
Manila, PH
Male - 23 Years Old
Don't ever show your face to me.
I was supposed to post a picture of my face here. Good thing I realized how stupid that would be. I love Blink-182, Third Eye Blind, The Starting Line, The Dangerous Summer, Brand New, New Found Glory, Say Anything, Taking Back Sunday, Motion City Soundtrack, fun., This Century, The Wonder Years though so I hope everyone is forgiven.
09:36 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
Dearbhla
Galway, Ireland.
Female - 22 Years Old
I know it's stereotypical./maybe racist?. But black people are REALLY loud and like pick fights. It also pisses me off that though they throw the word N I G G E R around like it means nothing, and they they almost always try and play the race card. ALSO... It annoys me that they can get away with calling me a honky king, white boy, etc. I seriously shouldn't be seeing African American teenagers saying they hate white people and they are sooooo oppressed. Bitch that was 300 hundred fucking years ago!

Thank you.
I am in absolutely no way racist, but it pisses me off beyond belief how black people can get away with being racist to us but if a white person says something racist EVERYONE FLIPS OUT.
It's like that movie, "Guess "Who" with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher. He's against his daughter marrying a white boy and the whole movie is basically full of racism towards him because of his skin colour. However if it was the other way around, the actors and director would have been in serious shit.
09:41 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
losnoufy
No Avatar Selected
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
Ehh, I've already jumped into the pool of shit for my beliefs once this week, so might as well do it a second time:

--I'm a devout Christian, and am not afraid to admit it.
--I'm an extremely conservative person on most political issues, but I am somewhat Libertarian with a few.
--I find homosexuality to be a disgusting lifestyle and a sin.
--Lady Gaga's, "Born the Way," makes me want to kick her head in for linking homosexuality to God in any way, shape, or form.
--Even though Christianity is supposed to be peaceful, it does support violence when absolutely necessary, and I'm not afraid to kill a person if I must.
--I love baseball beyond reason, and think football is a boring sport in comparison.
--I also love NASCAR.
--I think any mainstream rap is an abomination against music and humanity, because its lyrics are almost always vulgar and disgusting.
--I hate alcohol, and never want to drink in my life (to the dismay of those wanting to see me drunk on my 21st birthday).
--I don't see a reason for morality in atheism. If we're all just going to be holes in the ground, who REALLY cares what we do to each other?
--I find it mentally retarded that we try to avoid the death penalty for murderers, yet killing babies is just fine? I'm pro-life AND pro-death!
--I wouldn't mind seeing Jim Hendry (the incompetent turd running the Cubs) hit by a bus.
--I could type more, but I honestly don't think this place or these people are worth the time and effort to think this all through.

Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinions, your faith, and the way you look at things and understand there's nothing anyone here can say or do to make you think otherwise...nor should they.

However, the bolded point--not even the ones about homosexuality...I'll leave those alone because they've just been debated to death--leads me to think you're very uncultured, sheltered, and unwilling to leave the small world your faith has created for you. There are plenty of reasons to do good without religious faith. What about to be the best person you can be for the people around you that you love? Or just doing good for the sake of society in the (admittedly far too optimistic) hope that others will do the same? There are millions of reasons not to be a hedonistic fucking heathen outside of religion.

I was raised Catholic, got baptized, confirmed, all that stuff. The church honestly does teach you not to listen to other peoples' view...to think you were literally born better than everyone who thinks anything that conflicts with Christian teachings. I think religion is a great thing for some people, and although I've discovered--for right now, anyway--organized religion is not right for me, I would never look down on anyone for what they believe in. But I expect that same courtesy to be shown to me for what I do not believe in.
09:47 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
Texas
Female - 23 Years Old
Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinions, your faith, and the way you look at things and understand there's nothing anyone here can say or do to make you think otherwise...nor should they.

However, the bolded point--not even the ones about homosexuality...I'll leave those alone because they've just been debated to death--leads me to think you're very uncultured, sheltered, and unwilling to leave the small world your faith has created for you. There are plenty of reasons to do good without religious faith. What about to be the best person you can be for the people around you that you love? Or just doing good for the sake of society in the (admittedly far too optimistic) hope that others will do the same? There are millions of reasons not to be a hedonistic fucking heathen outside of religion.

I was raised Catholic, got baptized, confirmed, all that stuff. The church honestly does teach you not to listen to other peoples' view...to think you were literally born better than everyone who thinks anything that conflicts with Christian teachings. I think religion is a great thing for some people, and although I've discovered--for right now, anyway--organized religion is not right for me, I would never look down on anyone for what they believe in. But I expect that same courtesy to be shown to me for what I do not believe in.

I've been looking for a good way to say this, but I haven't been able to. Thanks for wording this much better than I could have.
09:51 AM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
losnoufy
No Avatar Selected
Bridgewater, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
I've been looking for a good way to say this, but I haven't been able to. Thanks for wording this much better than I could have.

Ha you're welcome. I went to a Jesuit high school, then to the most liberal college in the country, and now I go home to my conservative, Christian family and girlfriend every night. I've had a lot of time to think about that massive divide.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos