Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Such Gold Vocalist Stabbed

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (04/25/11)
Such Gold were forced to drop off the Manscout Jamboree Tour due to frontman Ben Kotin being stabbed. Skylar from Building will be filling in on vocals for their upcoming tour. A statement from Kotin can be found in the replies. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 63.
12:28 PM on 04/25/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
StatementFirst of all I would like to apologize for pulling out of the Manscout Jamboree tour so last minute but I assure you that we would not bail on such an amazing tour without a good reason. There have been a lot of rumors flying around the Internet and I think it’s about time to clarify things. About three weeks ago I was stabbed multiple times outside of a party. I can’t go into any details but I will say that I’m lucky to be alive. I want to thank all my friends and band mates who saved my life. I’m very sorry to leave you all to decipher whether the rumors were true or not for so long but I felt it was necessary to keep to myself for a certain period of time.

There’s no telling exactly when I will be well enough to perform again but Such Gold will be doing some dates in the month of May with one of my best friends Skylar, from an awesome Massachusetts based band called Building, filling in for me. I ask that you treat him with as much respect as you would me or anyone in this band. Again I’m very sorry to leave you to speculate on what happened for so long. I can’t wait to get back on the road and hang with all the amazing friends and fans that I’ve met over these past few years. I also want to thank everyone who did know about this for their love and support throughout these past few weeks. Every day I wish we could be hanging out with The Wonder Years, Fireworks, Make Do And Mend and Living With Lions but soon enough Such Gold will be coming back harder than ever and I can’t wait!
12:28 PM on 04/25/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
What an awful situation. Get well soon, Ben. Happy to give Building a shout out though.
12:32 PM on 04/25/11
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
geeze. I'm glad he's okay, that's super scary. Such Gold is awesome.
12:34 PM on 04/25/11
Rodeo
User Info.
Can't go into details? Who's girlfriend was it?
12:35 PM on 04/25/11
The Minimum
Serious Business
User Info.
Can't go into details? Who's girlfriend was it?
guessing they can't go into detail;s because there is an investigation of some sort
12:36 PM on 04/25/11
Jet Set Paul
User Info.
that's crazy. I wonder what he was doing to get himself stabbed. He probably could/should have provided more details, cuz I don't know if he was an innocent victim or if he drunkenly assaulted someone, or what not. Either way, I hope he recovers soon, stays out of trouble, and is able to get back to singing with the band asap.
seraph1214
Sing you to coma, so to speak.
User Info.
Insane. I wish that guy the best of luck in his recovery.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
this fucking tour... gotta be cursed or something
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Great band, shitty situation. Hope he gets better soon!
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
So crazy, hes such a nice guy. That had to of been the wrong place at the wrong time, he doesn't seem like much of a shit starter from the times I saw them.

Edit: I hope this tour gets one-uped and actually comes near me.
12:38 PM on 04/25/11
Rodeo
User Info.
guessing they can't go into detail;s because there is an investigation of some sort

Yea, for sure I figured that.... great band.. super bummed.
*dannyg*
dannygcanfly
User Info.
not that i know them any better than anyone else, but i can't see ben hurting anyone, he's a super peaceful stoner! i wish them the best, they're awesome people
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
This tour is cursed.
12:42 PM on 04/25/11
LexXchaos
making the perfect mess of my life
User Info.
This is soo terrible, but I'm glad he's alive! Get better soon Ben.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS