|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
"At my lowest moment, the inner evil will bare its teeth" is the best way to describe it. I remember sitting in the basement of my old house years ago, writing material for the first batch of demos I was putting together, and I thought to myself that I was writing a lot of dark music. It all reflected how I felt about many things in my life, and each song took form based on how I was doing at that moment. Since there were never going to be vocals, I chose that name to speak for me, instead of writing lyrics about things in my life.
2. How did this band get started?
I started writing music on my laptop with Garageband of all things, and it slowly evolved into real demos. Shortly after, I recruited two close friends of mine to play live with. In 2008 we recorded and put out "Rainbow Blood", my/our first full length record. Soon after I started touring extensively with other bands as TM/FOH/Guitar Tech and ItsTeeth soon took back burner. But, since I have moved to Denver, CO, and write almost full time, or as much as I really can for new material.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I love all varieties of bands, so I'll just say that recently I've been most influenced by Mogwai, Deftones, All Pigs Must Die, and This Will Destroy You. Adam Fisher's solo project called "All Human" has been on constant play on my iPod... he'll be releasing that soon, its great!
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
My dream tour lineup would be Mogwai, Mew and Its Teeth... they are all within this generation of bands, but both have been extremely influential to me overall, so it would be great to tour with those bands. I would also love to open for Sufjan Stevens...
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Pizza. no argument. I could eat it every day, and I usually do.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Simply put, it's real music. Honest, raw music. I use the resources I have, to make the best music I possibly can. No frills or gimmicks... just me and the noise I create.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I don;'t really follow sports much anymore... I used to wrestle in high school. I loved it, but I haven't been able to keep up with it simply because I'm just not concerned. But if I had to pick... any dude on Chicago Bears.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Alex DiVincenzo. duh.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
This could be a 5 page report if I rambled on about it like I would like to. There really is so much to be said and no time to say it... in one sentence... less crappy internet gimmick bands, and more actual musically talented ones.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Any and every memory from my first tour playing for Drop Dead, Gorgeous. It was constant insanity all of the time, good and bad.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Always pals.net ... great place to hang with pals and share thoughts about music
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Well, when Its Teeth would play live, I had good friends Toby Pool playing drums and Cory Sayres playing Bass and our favorite was a song from the first full length called "No Apostrophe". I'm looking to start playing live again for the new album. We'll see what happens.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Austin, TX. Although it's hot as hell there, its a great place with great friends. My life is a vacation, so I guess that place works best.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Offspring's Ixnay on the Hombre for sure! Every time I listen to that record it makes me think of my mom driving me to little league and riding my bike around town with my friends!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Freeze! Just like sub zero. No need for explanation.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
No, I'm usually too distracted playing video games to bother with such things.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most everything. My personal life is mine, so I try not to divulge it openly to my fans.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I'm not too entirely sure; I haven't really listened to the radio in the last 5 years to really notice. i know that it plays everything pop and accessible... but that's how you stay on the air. And no, my band would not flourish on radio. I could see a commercial, but no radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play my xbox, watch futurama, and imagine I'm actually racing in Forza 3 while driving around town.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
"i know kung fu"
04:20 PM on 04/27/11
Haha thanks for the name drop!
More From This Author
Buy the Music