AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Billy Talent News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Billy Talent Update

Posted by - 11:21 PM on 04/29/11
Billy Talent posted an update on their facebook, which confirms the band is working on a new record and will be playing some Canadian festivals this summer. Read it in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
11:21 PM on 04/29/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Billy Talent UpdateBonjour! Ca Va? Just dropping in to say hello and to see how everyone is doing? On our end, things are going great. We've been in our little cave working away for the last couple of months and things are really starting to take shape! The songs thus far are unlike anything we've ever done before yet it still seems to capture the urgency of our first record. Hard to put in words but the vibe is really special. Anyway we are doing a handful of shows this summer in Canada which we're stoked about but we're getting asked a lot about when we will be officially heading back out on the road. At this point there is no time frame for touring as our main priority is finishing writing and recording this new record! I will promise you that once this beast is ready to come out of its cage we will be touring everywhere for a very very long time! We miss all of our fans but I will say that it will be well worth the wait!

I hope you're all healthy and happy...on a side note if you live in Canada remember to vote on Monday May 2nd! You can't be heard if you don't speak up.

All the best to you and everything you do.

Much Love,

Ben

Summer Festivals:
Ottawa Bluesfest on July 14 in Ottawa, Ontario
Les Grandes Fêtes du St-Laurent on July 22 in Rimouski, Quebec
Heavy MTL on July 23 in Montreal, Quebec
Heavy T.O. on July 24 in Toronto, Ontario
11:25 PM on 04/29/11
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
Hopefully that means a US tour in support of the new album. I've been dying to see them.
11:29 PM on 04/29/11
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
fu fu fu fu fuckkkkk yeah
11:41 PM on 04/29/11
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
Awesome live band and I am excited to hear what they come up with next. I enjoyed all of their music, yes even III.
11:44 PM on 04/29/11
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Hopefully that means a US tour in support of the new album. I've been dying to see them.
Yes, headlining PLEASE. Every time they roll my way it's in support of another band. I would love a full fledged set from these guys.
11:51 PM on 04/29/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I'm surprised this band hasn't tried to headline the States yet. I'm sure they won't be able to play hockey arenas like they do in Canada, but surely they could do a small club tour.
11:52 PM on 04/29/11
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
It's weird to think of Billy Talent as an opening band when they pack arenas and are all over the radio in Canada.

Can't wait to hear this different sound they're going with. I hope this new record makes me love them again.
12:02 AM on 04/30/11
starseed
pen?
User Info.
I know they said they wouldn't, but I really hope this album is called Billy Talent IV. Keep the dream alive!
12:21 AM on 04/30/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
III was such a disappointment :( here's hoping I like this one, but regardless of if I do, these guys are still awesome.
01:04 AM on 04/30/11
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
One of my favorite band.. I and II are by far up there with my all time favorite records. III was a disappointment 'cause of the lack of energy in the songs.. I hope this next one will be a little more punk like the first two album!

Anyways.. wow Rimouski... pretty cool for those people!
01:33 AM on 04/30/11
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm surprised this band hasn't tried to headline the States yet. I'm sure they won't be able to play hockey arenas like they do in Canada, but surely they could do a small club tour.
They headlined here back in.... 2006/2007ish...right around after their 2nd album came out. It was a small club but it was pretty packed and it was a great crowd. I don't listen to them any more but I remember it being a pretty good show.
01:34 AM on 04/30/11
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
if they're comparing it to the first album then it will probably be awesome. these guys are such great musicians
02:01 AM on 04/30/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Sweet. I enjoyed their first two albums.
03:11 AM on 04/30/11
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
I know they said they wouldn't, but I really hope this album is called Billy Talent IV. Keep the dream alive!
It won't be called IV, i remember them saying they wanted to end the trilogy with III and that the next album would be a return to form. If that's true, i'm stoked.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos