Alberto Rigoni - 04.21.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
www.myspace.com/albertorigoni (not updated frequently)
1. How did you get your band name?
Well, it’s my name.
2. How did this band get started?
I started my solo project in 2005, when I was quite by myself and felt the need of making something extremely personal.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Mmm… Dream Theater, Symphony X, Porcupine Tree, unknown progressive metal bands, solo bass players such as Michael Manring, Stu Hamm etc.. I also listen to all kinds of music except for rap and similar! It’s almost impossible to list the bands I got influenced by.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Probably Dream Theater, I started playing bass because I wanted to cover their songs! ("Erotomania" was one of the first tune I’ve learned.)
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because I think it’s something different…
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Ah, I really don’t know.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Nice question, maybe music labels should find a new way to promote emerging artists…
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing at Elements of Rock Festival (Switzerland) with a broken leg!
11. What does Absolutepunk.net mean to you?
Great site for music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Ontogeny" from my new album Rebirth.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Sea, beach and sun!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Genesis – Invisible Touch
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Flying! Because it’s cool (I guess).
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I check the tuning of my bass at least 2-3 times.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I’m also a lawyer.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Not in Italy, most of the stations broadcast only pop Italian music.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Skiing, swimming, eating amazing Italian food, going to cinema etc.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
mmm… I don’t know, maybe I’ll discover more talents in the future…
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |