01:17 PM on 05/05/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Awesome review! Gotta check this out, I've been meaning to the past couple days
01:21 PM on 05/05/11
oxeneers
User Info.
Great review, although a little too heavy on TDS references. Matt draws influence but creates a vibe all his own. Once these guys get their shit together, they'll be phenomenal.

Whatever is next from this band will be nearly flawless. Can't wait.
01:51 PM on 05/05/11
onaradioflyer
a
User Info.
Thanks for the nice words Christian
02:51 PM on 05/05/11
XSTAYGOLDX
Sorceror Supreme
User Info.
Stoked to see this album finally reviewed on here. They're a great live band too so be sure to check them out when they're on tour near you. Northern California kids have no excuse to miss them since they play the area often.
04:17 PM on 05/05/11
ZachCTC
Accept the pain, always forgive.
User Info.
I've been waiting for a review of this. Picked it up right when it came out, still listen to it almost every day. One of the few bands IMO that is doing straight up pop/rock right. They stand out among their peers, I think.
04:46 PM on 05/05/11
Colinmac36
User Info.
wow just looked em up, im digging it, and im digging the artwork. gunna buy this when i get a chance
05:40 PM on 05/05/11
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
I listened to this record for like a week straight last month. So good
09:18 PM on 05/05/11
drevans18
BLERG
User Info.
If you like these guys, do yourself a favor and check out Streetlight Fire. Both The American Scene and Streetlight have been my top two favorite new bands this year.
You, sir, have just made my week. I've had The American Scene on my iTunes for a while, and never listened really. Just looked up Streelight Fire - holy shit they're good.

+1 for you.
09:26 PM on 05/05/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the nice words Christian
No problem man. Album rules.
04:34 AM on 05/06/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
You, sir, have just made my week. I've had The American Scene on my iTunes for a while, and never listened really. Just looked up Streelight Fire - holy shit they're good.

+1 for you.
Great to hear
08:09 AM on 05/06/11
Clintoto
thefifties.bandcamp.com
User Info.
These guys definitely have potential. Upon my first listen of this album, I think the songs bleed together a little too much, but the talent is definitely there.
12:21 PM on 05/06/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
i find this album infectious and thoroughly therapeutic.
06:19 PM on 08/15/11
Verum
User Info.
I like this better thanWar Paint.
01:47 AM on 03/29/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
Where to begin... This album has become the most played piece of music on my iTunes in the 12,000 songs I have over the past 3 months or so since I found it. This review is perfect, I agree with everything said and really hope they change the tempo on a few songs in the future. Acoustic, slow jams, fast paced, piano ballad, anything really and I do believe these guys will go so far. I haven't heard or related to anything this much since "Reach for the Sun" released and TDS has been my favorite band for years.
If you're a fan of The American Scene, check out their song "Why I'm Not Where You Are" it is easily their best piece of work and, I believe, showcases the potential their future releases will have.
01:50 AM on 03/29/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
I like this better thanWar Paint.
I must agree with you, scarily I do, but I do! Everyone says they're so much alike and they might be, but I get such a different vibe from both of the bands the feelings don't match but they're equally as strong.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos