AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Final Round... FIGHT! - Ergonomics Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 8.25
Production 8.25
Creativity 8
Lasting Value 8.75
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 85%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Final Round... FIGHT! - Ergonomics

Reviewed by: incognitojones (05/08/11)
Final Round... FIGHT! - Ergonomics
Record Label: Independent
Release Date: September 26, 2010

Final Round… FIGHT!, is a band named after a phrase from Mortal Kombat. A hardcore British punk band named after a phrase from Mortal Kombat. A pissed off hardcore British punk band named after a phrase from Mortal Kombat. I should end this review right here, and you should all go pick up their album immediately. And I just found out they broke up, which sucks. Ergonomics is a pretty great EP, if you’re into pissed off hardcore British punk bands named after phrases from Mortal Kombat.
It starts off with a little intro before the very strong opening track, “We Only Accept Cash and Pain”, with a chorus about playing with bolts of lightning, lyrics about spitting grass at people, intense screams and some skillful guitar playing, you know from the get go that this band is fast, talented, and pissed the fuck off. This is the kind of music that makes me want to get into some British bar brawls or something. If I had to describe in one word, that word would be 'Intense'. Two words, 'Straight nasty'. In 455 words it would be this review, but I digress.

Though only six songs, this EP is packed with a lot of variation. There are parts that are heavy as shit, parts that quiet and intense, parts where the guitarist is just showing off, and some really catchy choruses. The clean vocals are solid, the screams are great (I could listen to this dude for hours), the gang vocals are used well without being overdone. Their guitarist is very versatile, offering a lot of different types of sounds, though all within a pretty standard song structure format. They do enough different things to give each song its own vibe, while still producing a very cohesive release. The drums and bass offer a pretty powerful low-end, and there were a few stand out bass lines, which I always love. Plus, its lyrically solid, offering a pissed-off collection of lines that are vague enough for to connect to the things that get me mad.

At just under twenty minutes, Ergonomics is a powerful chaotic record that is sure to make you hate French people, or whatever Brits are into these days. They did just break up, which makes me wish I wrote this review sooner, but they’re giving away their back catalogue for free on their facebook, so its not all bad. Plus, there are like sixteen bands they listed on there that they either are part of, or friends, which I’m sure are all pretty awesome. But I’m gonna go download that back catalogue, call some friends that can fake British accents, and jam this shit while smashing some mailboxes with cricket bats.

Recommended If You LikeRefused, Stray From the Path, Enter Shikari, soccer fights, why are you even reading this, just go listen to it man, the link is right under this.

http://finalroundfight.bandcamp.com/album/ergonomics
Pretty sweet shirt with Ol Dirty Bastard's face on it.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
07:03 AM on 05/10/11
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Band name is great.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives