Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (05/08/2011)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (05/08/11)
This week's Games Round-Up can be read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 58
11:33 AM on 05/08/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Jim for putting this together:

Games Round-Up This weeks video game round up is for all the mothers out there. Which is exactly 0 of you. So this I dedicate this to none of you is basically what I'm saying.

SONY

I just found out today that I guess the PlayStation network has been down. Did you guys know about this? Apparently Sony has no idea when it's going to come back up, but the good news is that when the hackers use your credit card you'll be protected from fraudulent charges.

Sony Online Entertainment was also hacked, but apparently it was only an old database. So hopefully if you had a credit card tied to a Station account its expired by now.

Want to play Resistance 3 before anyone else? Pick up the Blu-Ray of Battle: Los Angeles.

NINTENDO

As predicted the Wii will go down to $149 in a new bundle that includes Mario Kart instead of Wii Sports and a steering wheel to go along with it. Nintendo also introduced a line of Wii Selects a line of 5 year old games that are now $19.99 instead of $49.99. Seriously.

Nintendo's next system might have 8GB of on board flash memory and be able to output at 1080. I would hope at the very least it had these things.

MICROSOFT

A source tells Develop magazine that EA is the first developer to have dev kits for the new Xbox. EA says STFU we do not.

Microsoft has opened a new studio in Vancouver that is working on a AAA shooter for Kinect. This has lead many to believe that the title in question is a Halo game.

PC

How about Portal 2, huh?

EVERYTHING ELSE

Bethesda has confirmed 3 new DLC packs for Fallout: New Vegas.

Burnout Crash is a top down game where you drive a car into intersections and try to cause property damage. It also includes UFOs and lobster monsters. Sounds like an iOS game to me, but it's rated for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Black Rock Studios experienced lay offs this week along with the sad news that there will be no Split/Second 2 for the time being. Which is a shame, because Split/Second was one of the best games of last year.

What is Gotham City Imposters?

A Saint's Row XBLA/PSN game was canned by THQ. Also, if you want to get a jump start on creating your Saint's Row The Third character you can pre-order Red Faction: Armageddon or wait a week for the free Saint's Row Initiation Station to be released on XBLA and PSN.

Dead Island will now be distributed by Square Enix in North America.

Rayman Origins was going to be an XBLA/PSN title, but it will now be a full retail title released this Holiday.

Ubisoft has announced Assassin's Creed: Revelation! It wraps up Ezio's story line and you play as Desmond and Altair as well. Seriously. Most anticipated game of the year right hurrrr. The game will be featured on the cover of this month's Game Informer.

PSAs

The Darkness 2 is out on October 4th.

Mass Effect 3 will be out Q1 2012 BOOOOO! HISSSSS!!

Star Wars The Old Republic may not launch before March of 2012.

RELEASES

Brink

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yu Gi Oh! 5D World Championship 2011 or YGO!: 5D WC '11 for short.

MX Vs. ATV Alive

Virtua Tennis 4

SUBMITTED BY: be_mine

Sorry if I left you guys hanging there for a couple of weeks, I had pressing matters to attend to. Hopefully I'm back in the saddle for a good long while now. Make sure you guys check out my website Four Player Co-Op and if you really want to, you can read my review of Conduit 2. You can also follow us on Twitter and subscribe to my podcast. It's fun, I promise! Until next week!
11:34 AM on 05/08/11
WishYouAway
User Info.
wait for iiiit
11:36 AM on 05/08/11
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
hmmmm
12:05 PM on 05/08/11
circasurviver
Sammy Davis Jesus
User Info.
out of all of the new rumors surrounding the new Nintendo console, you only mention those 2?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1164332p2.html
some more rumors and how likely they are.

We'l be playing it in about a month so I guess all of this nonsense won't be sorted out until then.
12:12 PM on 05/08/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
bring on the old republic!!! and hl3! and get psn back up! im so demanding!!!!!!
12:22 PM on 05/08/11
f00te
I always have ship wreck dreams.
User Info.
brink then la noire
good couples weeks ahead
12:25 PM on 05/08/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
out of all of the new rumors surrounding the new Nintendo console, you only mention those 2?

We'l be playing it in about a month so I guess all of this nonsense won't be sorted out until then.
This week that was the rumor. Also, here's another rumor the next Nintendo system will have a 160GB HDD, 8GB of RAM, and will play Nintendo cartridges. Also, it will launch with a new Mario game. There, more rumors. I just made those up. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
01:05 PM on 05/08/11
LoadedGunX21
21 and invincible..
User Info.

there's some crazy rumors there, eh? i remember when the rumors for the wii were flying around... almost none of them were correct or even close. this should be interesting
01:12 PM on 05/08/11
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
Really hoping for some RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 news at E3 this year... there's been talk it's finally happening.
01:38 PM on 05/08/11
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
so excited for new assassins creed and saints row
01:42 PM on 05/08/11
Ozma822
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish someone would volunteer to take over the game roundup.

If the author is not aware the PSN network has been down, he isn't really up to date. I mean, I barely play video games anymore and i know that.

Plus this hasn't been interesting since the old author stopped.

Sorry dude :(
02:19 PM on 05/08/11
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
Can't wait for Assassin's Creed, but I could've done without another game featuring Ezio. New ancestor and time period, please?
02:39 PM on 05/08/11
sweetforever
User Info.
Would love to have a date for when PSN will be back up.
02:45 PM on 05/08/11
meow
Pure Imagination
User Info.
Im interested in new republic orpg. However im extremely psyched for assasins creed revelation. Kinda pissed its still got ezio though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests