AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Boys Like Girls News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Boys Like Girls Makes It Into Billboard 200 For First Time

Posted by - 05:56 AM on 04/11/07
Boys Like Girls cracked the Billboard 200 for the first time this week (#179) by selling around 6500 copies of their self titled debut. Total sales are right around 80k.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 68
05:59 AM on 04/11/07
Jason Tate
User Info.
They've been selling consistently each week. The new music video should continue to push them up into more people's radar.
06:18 AM on 04/11/07
sosadsoemo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They've been selling consistently each week. The new music video should continue to push them up into more people's radar.

And the hgb tour
06:51 AM on 04/11/07
monstarclothing
monstar clothing
User Info.
them being on the entire Warped tour will definitely give them that little extra push.
06:53 AM on 04/11/07
the sob
is a byrddog
User Info.
congrats to BLG.
06:53 AM on 04/11/07
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
06:54 AM on 04/11/07
desipunk7
I'd never be retro like a cool kid.
User Info.
I cant wait for them to blow up. They deserve every bit of it. I've seen them 5 times now, and at the last show martin pointed me out in the crowd and was like,"Hey man, I know you. Wassup? Enjoy the show!"
06:59 AM on 04/11/07
bankrom
breakin' up.
User Info.

having crush behind them doesn't hurt, either.
07:00 AM on 04/11/07
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
I find it funny that they started off pretty horribly and have since started to catch on.

They're still pretty blah, but some of the stuff has grown on me. Maybe it'll keep getting better if I give it a few more spins.
07:18 AM on 04/11/07
r3wind74
User Info.
I am sure the tour w/Cartel didn't hurt and the upcoming tour w/HGB will continue to fuel sales for the next 2 months.
07:19 AM on 04/11/07
PuxRawkPrincess
There's No Shepard Without Vakarian
User Info.
Awesome, they completely deserve this. Though I have to admit it hurt a bit when I heard them right after a Fergie song but I guess it'll be okay. I swear I'm starting to think everytime I hear a new band that I get really into, they blow up not to long afterwards, ext. Red Jumpsuit, saw them with The Starting Line and Cartel last March. Cartel, my friend told me about them about a year and a half ago when he called me from one of their shows to let me hear them. Panic! I got their album when it came out in '05 because I had heard their demos. I could go on...
07:19 AM on 04/11/07
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
I wonder how big their sophomore album will be...
07:23 AM on 04/11/07
Exit30six
Keep 'em crossed.
User Info.
kudos to them. they deserve it.
07:24 AM on 04/11/07
punkrawker515
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think they deserve this. Thunder and the great escape are both good songs, but everything else from this band is lackluster at best. I've seen them live and what not, and it just sounds like a pop/punk band from back when pop/punk got huge, and I don't mean the pop/punk infused with emo, I mean the straight up pop/punk. They are just very bland, and not interesting to watch live. The show I went to of theirs, the singer did stick around out by the merch table after the show to meet their fans, which I think is very admirable and more bands should do that nowadays, but when I went to talk to him he just seemed like a douche. Like I was wasting his time or something. It felt like he was just going through the motions. Now I'm not one of those guys who is just like, oh they were signed to a major label without paying their dues so they suck. If you're good, you deserve that right away. It's smarter to go to a large indie first, cause then you'll have a dedicated fan base behind you(like Fall Out Boy), but it's still well deserved.

These guys could've used a couple years of paying their dues though. It would've helped their song writing as well as their egos (based completely off the attitude of the singer).

Mark my words, this time next year, no one will remember or care about BLG.
07:39 AM on 04/11/07
stagefright
User Info.
This sounds like a band that does not write their own material. This band is a joke and anyone associated with them should be ashamed.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos