Fail To Follow - 05.11.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
FAIL TO FOLLOW
1. How did you get your band name?
(Lewis) I came in with a “FTF” logo on a shirt and sticker designs and sold the idea of why it was cool.
2. How did this band get started?
Brent & I had been in another band together and wanted to start something that had more drive & power.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Bad Religion, Good Riddance, Dead Kennedys, Face to Face, Refused, too many to list.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Strike Anywhere and Good Riddance. SA is consistently touring and they work really hard at being a great band. GR sadly is no longer around, but they have always been a major influence and their shows have always been really badass! Who wouldn’t want to witness a band like GR every night?
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We have some pretty sweet chants!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I highly doubt we’d ever win a Grammy, if it ever happens I’d thank Oscar the Grouch.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Stop putting out generic factory made music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
10+hours broke down on the side of the road due to a flat tire on our U-haul trailer. Every tow truck U-haul had called brought the wrong size wheel, so 4 or 5 trucks later they finally sent a flatbed truck to haul the trailer into the city.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It’s an amazing resource for bands to get the latest news on the industry as well as a great place to feature lesser known bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
San Francisco, it’s just a really cool place to be!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My mom singing Carpenter songs while cleaning
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Indestructibility, that way I could never be broken.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I will always play shows in white PF Flyers or at least white shoes.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Commercial radio stations are a joke; they are never interested in featuring a great band with a great sound or message. All that matters to them is selling marketing space and gaining sponsors. We might fair better on satellite radio, but who knows.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Snowboard, mountain bike, hike, write new songs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Too many to list, I’m like a modern day MacGyver.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |