Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
09:12 AM on 05/13/11
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the singer has a pretty terrible voice so with these new shorter songs that are more structured and contain more vocals it just doesn't do it for me. His voice is weak and can't carry the songs they tried to write on this record. Their best material had small doses of vocals and the rest was just atmospheric rock with plenty of breathing room. I was really looking forward to this CD and I couldn't be more dissapointed.
01:36 PM on 05/13/11
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

No, I took the time to write up an opinion that I don't truly believe in.

But yes, I'm serious. I think they are outstanding musicians but I really don't like his voice and I enjoy the songs of theirs in the past that featured less of it and more of the interesting intrumental sections that I like. I like the production, I think the drums sound awesome and the guitars continue to do some pretty interesting stuff, I just really don't think the singers voice is made to carry a 3-4 minute rock song like they've written. When he keeps it low like in tired tiger and the beginning of parts in different places I don't mind it but it's when he's trying to sing a chorus that it just sounds hollow and weak to me, good for background vocals but I just don't like it in the forefront as it is.
I've been a fan of moving mountains in the past but the direction this CD took is not the way I had hoped they would go and I'm dissapointed.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos