Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts
09:39 AM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Surprise, surprise...another 90%+ review from Drew.
Honestly this. Looking at his old reviews, average score has gone up. Might be contributed to him reviewing albums he like more, but whatever.
I still don't see the hype behind this.
11:03 AM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are you bashing ratings? The guy who uses a "projected score"?

It doesn't bug me, but its an observation I've made. If I had the time on my hands, id do statistical analysis to prove that Drew's reviews are statistically significantly higher than the rest of the staff.
12:38 PM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You should probably use that time to make your own website better
I'm just the target of everyone, aren't I?
Seems like you can't state your opinion without backlash anymore.
Hey, at least people know my name now. There's a positive to everything.
12:55 PM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What? I wasn't criticizing anything, just stating that your own site should be your primary focus
Oh, sorry. I'm just used to the criticism of the last few days.
The "you should improve your own site" just led me to think that it sucks, as people have tried to rub into my face over the past day or two.
02:16 PM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh I just meant from the reviewing standpoint....reviewing to me isn't a cog in the machine to help promote a band. News posting/interviews/exclusives/tweeting/etc, that's more like promotion to me. Reviewing is more journalistic in my opinion, I think reviews should try to reflect the opinion of a record with as little bias as possible. Bias is unavoidable, yes, but promoting a band with a nice review comes across as unethical to me. Whatever, it's just different wording in the end.

It clearly bugs you. Do the stats on it. I took Statistics 1 and 2 so I'll be checking your work.
I mean, I took stat this year. Believe me, I know the exact procedure I'd do. I'd get every single review score by staff (probably in the last two years, since that's what I noticed the biggest change has come into), get Drew's, do a T test. it'd actually be extremely easy other than the fact that it'd be a bitch to do

I'm not saying it's true. I'm just noticing a pattern that I would love to test if there was an easier way of compiling scores.

And to your 2nd post, hahahaha. It's funny, because people are actually recognizing my name. I mean, it's only one or two per show, but it's something. hahaha.
02:21 PM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It must be a real treat to know that one person will know who you are at a show every time your mom lets you go see one.
Well played. I would debate that, but it's damn true.
02:28 PM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So your stats class didn't teach you stuff like selection bias?

Drew picks albums to review that he likes. Other reviewers don't. Who fucking cares.
It'd be a fairly large sample. Probably about 50 for Drew with a population of probably 500.
In a T test, it should be good enough. Now I'm not a pro at stat, but I think that would work.
It's just some what of a little test to see what's happened. As I said, too much work to be done, but it'd be interesting to find out what it actually was.
02:33 PM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Your stats teacher failed you.
She taught for the AP test, not for the actual knowledge.
I passed the test! So she didn't fail me...in what she wanted to do.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos