Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 158
06:59 PM on 05/15/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
This album is absolutely amazing and WILL be regarded as a pivotal moment in this genre. It deserves better than people bitching about a 91% score on an album that is absolutely amazing.
07:09 PM on 05/15/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Getting a bit defensive. That's fine, to each his own, enjoy mediocrity.
Point proven.
07:30 PM on 05/15/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Haha. I enjoyed this thread, more than the album itself actually (I happen to agree with the guy above that said they were better as The Appleseed Cast Jr than Thrice Jr). I wish people would stop trying to see AP.net as some journalistic source like Rolling Stone or Spin. We're all volunteers and we're not handed stuff we have to review. Obviously, we'd rather spend our time we could be spending doing something else writing reviews for stuff we'd like other people to check out than writing a neg just to do it. I'm a pretty obsessive listener and blow through over 1000 albums a year. When I sit down to write, I'd rather showcase something that's awesome that may not be getting talked about than bash something just to display my writing skills, or whatever. And anyone in the same position would do the same thing. And if they didn't, I think they're just missing the point of what we do here.
You're writing reviews again?! That is awesome. I missed your Antlers one until I checked out your recent reviews.
09:35 PM on 05/15/11
collideoscopic
User Info.
I had zero expectations for this record going in, downloaded it on a whim, and have at least been pleasantly surprised at first listen. Time will tell for future listens, but so far so good.
12:34 AM on 05/16/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
listened to it for the first time this weekend. impressive stuff. singer is the weak link though ,but its not distracting....he sounds better when hes proper belting it.

a pleasant surprise :)
01:01 AM on 05/16/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
One person's opinion on an album, in percent form, pisses this many people off? Fucking lol, so many idiots.
06:37 PM on 05/16/11
xcloud66x
ScaryKidScaringKids
User Info.
Good but overrated. Not nearly as good as the Foreword EP imo. I'd give it about an 80%.
07:17 AM on 05/17/11
CH!MP
planning a prison break
User Info.
this is quite good. it's not as good as Foreward though. Does anyone else get a really strong Endless Hallway vibe on 'Once Rendering'?
11:42 AM on 05/17/11
Motorcobra11
User Info.
thrice
12:03 PM on 05/17/11
minusthegarr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Your backhanded comment does not deter from the fact that you are a whiny bitch.

So great.

Drew and the other reviewers...love reading what you all put out, and then researching the music and making my own conclusions; as all others should. The rating plays no part in my feelings towards the content. Great year for sound so far. Keep it up gang.
12:19 PM on 05/17/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
So great.

Drew and the other reviewers...love reading what you all put out, and then researching the music and making my own conclusions; as all others should. The rating plays no part in my feelings towards the content. Great year for sound so far. Keep it up gang.

Whoa, wait, an AP user giving an intelligent and grateful, sane respose. Say it ain't so!

:D
08:32 AM on 05/19/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
the Thrice comparison outside the first track doesn't stack up.
11:19 AM on 05/19/11
DcS
User Info.
I didn't think the Thrice comparison worked either until I listened about 4-5 times. It's there. You just can't think about only heavy Thrice.

This album is getting a lot of hate from some of their 'normal' fans and the post-rock scene, which is sort of expected. But as somebody who claims Thrice as their favorite band and went to see Mogwai/EITS in the last month, this hits squarely in the middle of my musical tastes. Lovin it.

This will appeal to more people than Foreword or Pneuma ever did, and they didn't 100% abandon their sound to do it.
10:06 PM on 05/19/11
ChrisBurnsRED
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
THese guys are amazing and reputable as well!
05:15 PM on 05/20/11
Baines on Toast
Real life Hank McCoy
User Info.
Impressive progression. I was taken by surprise upon first listen, but with each listen that has come after I have embraced the record further.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos