Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 159.
09:59 AM on 05/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Honestly this. Looking at his old reviews, average score has gone up. Might be contributed to him reviewing albums he like more, but whatever.
I still don't see the hype behind this.
Are you bashing ratings? The guy who uses a "projected score"?
10:09 AM on 05/13/11
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
Honestly this. Looking at his old reviews, average score has gone up. Might be contributed to him reviewing albums he like more, but whatever.
I still don't see the hype behind this.

ladies and gents, we have a super sleuth on our hands
10:11 AM on 05/13/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
Lol same stuff in every review, I don't even know what I've rated the last 4 or so albums I've reviewed.
10:12 AM on 05/13/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are you bashing ratings? The guy who uses a "projected score"?

Tom seriously you can't defend it...him giving out 90's to every album he reviews. It's so bad at this point I laugh everytime I click on one of these and see the same, predictable score.
10:13 AM on 05/13/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lol same stuff in every review, I don't even know what I've rated the last 4 or so albums I've reviewed.

It's the same stuff because critics never give out 10's and perfect reviews like you do every time.
10:16 AM on 05/13/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Who cares about the score? Read the review, listen to the music. You should know by now most of the staff don't put much, if any, thought into the score.
10:16 AM on 05/13/11
rushour144
User Info.
I honestly could not give any category less than a 10 when rating it. This album is seriously one of the best albums out there.

Last Tuesday was a great release day; This, Manchester Orchestra AND Balance and Composure!
10:18 AM on 05/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Tom seriously you can't defend it...him giving out 90's to every album he reviews. It's so bad at this point I laugh everytime I click on one of these and see the same, predictable score.
I'm telling you, as a fellow reviewer, I know the thought that Drew puts into the score is minimal. It truly doesn't matter. For myself, I try to reserve the things that I give 90s. But to each their own. Really the content of the review is what matter most.
10:20 AM on 05/13/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.

Looking through my reviews, looks like I gave 90s to Sims, Theophilus London, Eisley, Thursday, Mansions, and this. 5 albums and 1 EP that are all fantastic and will all be in my top 15 of the year. The fact it bothers you so much that I like music is hilarious. I've been making a conscious effort to only focus on music I like this year because I have limited time. I could roll off 10 really negative reviews in a heartbeat, but that's a waste of everyone's time. If I think these albums deserve this type of praise it's because I believe in this music and think these are the type of artists that peoole need to hear. Sorry that bothers you so much.
10:23 AM on 05/13/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Looking through my reviews, looks like I gave 90s to Sims, Theophilus London, Eisley, Thursday, Mansions, and this. 5 albums and 1 EP that are all fantastic and will all be in my top 15 of the year. The fact it bothers you so much that I like music is hilarious. I've been making a conscious effort to only focus on music I like this year because I have limited time. I could roll off 10 really negative reviews in a heartbeat, but that's a waste of everyone's time. If I think these albums deserve this type of praise it's because I believe in this music and think these are the type of artists that peoole need to hear. Sorry that bothers you so much.
So you're basically admitting you're a complete fanboy of the bands you review. My point is proven. You're incapable of reviewing an album and putting a score below 90 next to it.
10:25 AM on 05/13/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm telling you, as a fellow reviewer, I know the thought that Drew puts into the score is minimal. It truly doesn't matter. For myself, I try to reserve the things that I give 90s. But to each their own. Really the content of the review is what matter most.

What I was getting at is that this site used to be very selective on reviews with scores over 90. When an album got a score that high, it was a big deal.

Then Drew comes along with his reviewer rating scale of 90-98%. Only 8 percent and it's all at the very top. It totally breaks the system.
10:27 AM on 05/13/11
mysensesfailed3
AP.Net's Resident AtoZ Fan
User Info.
I think the singer has a pretty terrible voice so with these new shorter songs that are more structured and contain more vocals it just doesn't do it for me. His voice is weak and can't carry the songs they tried to write on this record. Their best material had small doses of vocals and the rest was just atmospheric rock with plenty of breathing room. I was really looking forward to this CD and I couldn't be more dissapointed.
....are you serious?
10:29 AM on 05/13/11
Drew Beringer
User Info.
So you're basically admitting you're a complete fanboy of the bands you review. My point is proven. You're incapable of reviewing an album and putting a score below 90 next to it.
A fanboy? Never said that. I promote good music. I've given less than stellar grades to some of my favorite artists such Max Bemis, Chris Conley, Craig Owens, and Alkaline Trio. I'm pals with All Time Low and I think their new album is awful. TBS is one of my favorite bands ever and I've ripped on their last two albums. If I think a band's new album is good/great, I'm gonna promote the shit out of it, how is that a bad thing?
10:34 AM on 05/13/11
intheclouds
dreams to sleep
User Info.
great album, big step forward
10:43 AM on 05/13/11
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
this album has hit my current tastes in music in just about every way. a big achievement for these guys, and I'm so glad they are getting big. Waves is the turning point.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests