Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 158
11:55 AM on 05/13/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
A fanboy? Never said that. I promote good music. I've given less than stellar grades to some of my favorite artists such Max Bemis, Chris Conley, Craig Owens, and Alkaline Trio. I'm pals with All Time Low and I think their new album is awful. TBS is one of my favorite bands ever and I've ripped on their last two albums. If I think a band's new album is good/great, I'm gonna promote the shit out of it, how is that a bad thing?
Ugh you should really not use that word haha
12:00 PM on 05/13/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Ugh you should really not use that word haha

Promote/hype/talk about, whatever. If the music is good, i am going to encourage people to listen to it/buy it/support it. I'm gonna back the bands that deserve it.
12:02 PM on 05/13/11
honestykills
User Info.
i absolutely cannot get enough of this album.

also, to the kids who are butthurt over a numerical scale (that the staff has pointed out countless times has little to no bearing on their actual opinion), quit being lazy and READ THE REVIEW. and if you don't have the time for that, at least take the time to listen to the music and decide for YOURSELVES whether you like it or not. jesus, you'd think it was a crime to form your own opinion from reading this thread.
12:03 PM on 05/13/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are you bashing ratings? The guy who uses a "projected score"?

It doesn't bug me, but its an observation I've made. If I had the time on my hands, id do statistical analysis to prove that Drew's reviews are statistically significantly higher than the rest of the staff.
12:05 PM on 05/13/11
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
Absolutely love the album.

Thought the first paragraph is far too wordy and awkward.
12:06 PM on 05/13/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
It's the same stuff because critics never give out 10's and perfect reviews like you do every time.
Go complain on another review he's done or something. This album is absolutely incredible and deserves every ounce of that 91%.
12:07 PM on 05/13/11
robat19
User Info.
This is why the rating system should just go away.
12:10 PM on 05/13/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
This is the only positive review of this album I've read so far.
12:10 PM on 05/13/11
s12sim
pi >> cake
User Info.
great review. great album. great progression. one of the best of the year no doubt
12:16 PM on 05/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I fucking love Kenny and Moneen.
12:25 PM on 05/13/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Haven't listened yet, so I have no judgment currently. However, after reading their press interviews, AP chats, and other miscellaneous reviews around the web-world, I'm slightly discouraged about their shift from what made them so great on Foreword. Regardless, I can't make any final criticisms (at least fair or correct ones) until I listen for myself.
12:26 PM on 05/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This is not a shot at Drew or any of the writers here and as a reviewer myself I will say this:

Who gives a fuck about the score?
Why dont you just read the thoughts?
Why dont you listen to the music yrself and base your own opinion?
At the end of the day, why the fuck does it matter what Drew, Thomas, Jeremy say about an album?

I don't care if you agree with my reviews. I just hope you take the time to check out the music.

4glory, you are a whiney bitch, dude. Listen. To. The. Music. If one person's opinion of a specific artist or album is holding you back from experiencing it I feel bad for you.

I dont care if people agree with my reviews, you know why? Because I'm not pompous enough to think I know everything.
12:30 PM on 05/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
i absolutely cannot get enough of this album.

also, to the kids who are butthurt over a numerical scale (that the staff has pointed out countless times has little to no bearing on their actual opinion), quit being lazy and READ THE REVIEW. and if you don't have the time for that, at least take the time to listen to the music and decide for YOURSELVES whether you like it or not. jesus, you'd think it was a crime to form your own opinion from reading this thread.

This. And yr username speaks to the irony of the thread.
12:37 PM on 05/13/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
What I was getting at is that this site used to be very selective on reviews with scores over 90. When an album got a score that high, it was a big deal.

Then Drew comes along with his reviewer rating scale of 90-98%. Only 8 percent and it's all at the very top. It totally breaks the system.
We have never been any more or less selective with "scores."
12:40 PM on 05/13/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is not a shot at Drew or any of the writers here and as a reviewer myself I will say this:

Who gives a fuck about the score?
Why dont you just read the thoughts?
Why dont you listen to the music yrself and base your own opinion?
At the end of the day, why the fuck does it matter what Drew, Thomas, Jeremy say about an album?

I don't care if you agree with my reviews. I just hope you take the time to check out the music.

4glory, you are a whiney bitch, dude. Listen. To. The. Music. If one person's opinion of a specific artist or album is holding you back from experiencing it I feel bad for you.

I dont care if people agree with my reviews, you know why? Because I'm not pompous enough to think I know everything.

THaNx fOr ThE aDvIcE hOlLy!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version