Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
=)
10:11 AM on 05/14/11
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
Listening to this now, such an awesome record. I really need to know more about this band.
12:14 PM on 05/14/11
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Just gave this band a listen and I enjoyed this album, but I feel like I've heard it all before. Nothing new but they do it pretty well.
Give a listen to "Pneuma" and see what you think.
05:36 PM on 05/14/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
i don't want to sound like a complete sap, but dammit this album is really theraputic for me at this point in my life. it just evokes all kinds of emotions in me and really hits home sonically and lyrically.

love the fact they are from down state as well
05:59 PM on 05/14/11
KatastrophiE
idiot savant
User Info.
Stop complaining about the damn score. Just because it doesn't align with your opinion doesn't mean he's wrong. Music is subjective, reviews are a subjective interpretation of the author's feelings about an album.
Reviews will always be inescapably subjective. That doesn't mean the author shouldn't attempt to look at or analyze an album from other perspectives other than the one he has grown to appreciate. This site might as well be a blog... with whatever legitimacy the scores reflect. The lines are too definitively drawn, but I understand; that is the nature of this scene.
08:01 PM on 05/14/11
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.
Reviews will always be inescapably subjective. That doesn't mean the author shouldn't attempt to look at or analyze an album from other perspectives other than the one he has grown to appreciate. This site might as well be a blog... with whatever legitimacy the scores reflect. The lines are too definitively drawn, but I understand; that is the nature of this scene.
But its tough to be like: Oh this is my opinion (and I really like the album), let me take the point of view of someone who will hate this album.

Its pretty hard to do that. Take an album you hate and spin your review for people who will like it. It would be real, it would be an album review with content but no substance.

Also, since the review is subjective, the score of the author should be totally meaningless to the viewer, since it is just an opinion anyways.
04:44 AM on 05/15/11
KatastrophiE
idiot savant
User Info.
But its tough to be like: Oh this is my opinion (and I really like the album), let me take the point of view of someone who will hate this album.

I'm not suggesting that you develop a hateful perspective. I felt this review, like many others on this site, was one dimensional. I'm not saying all are.

Its pretty hard to do that. Take an album you hate and spin your review for people who will like it. It would be real, it would be an album review with content but no substance.

Depends on how much you hate it, School Gyrls would be difficult to spin convincingly, but what your saying isn't relevant to my argument because you only assume two perspectives exist.

Also, since the review is subjective, the score of the author should be totally meaningless to the viewer, since it is just an opinion anyways.

The score matters a lot more to someone who is reading the review before they listen to the album. Having your first listen of a song or an album after you've read the review, whether or not you were able to take it seriously it, still solidifies an opinion before you are able to experience it.
06:25 AM on 05/15/11
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
i came here to see who is singing in the cascade and you covered that - thanks ;) ..also, good review, and the album is amazing! Even if it's so much different, and i have to say that i liked the previous ep better (so far) but i think it's good to have some alternate sounds in the discography.
11:23 AM on 05/15/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Just gave this band a listen and I enjoyed this album, but I feel like I've heard it all before. Nothing new but they do it pretty well.
My feelings exactly.
11:27 AM on 05/15/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
If that's how you want to review albums, that's fine - there is not some universal law on how all people should review all albums. That would be boring as shit.
01:00 PM on 05/15/11
yeahimadeit
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great review drew - thanks for turning me onto this amazing band
04:00 PM on 05/15/11
KatastrophiE
idiot savant
User Info.
If that's how you want to review albums, that's fine - there is not some universal law on how all people should review all albums. That would be boring as shit.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying
04:08 PM on 05/15/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I mean, I took stat this year. Believe me, I know the exact procedure I'd do. I'd get every single review score by staff (probably in the last two years, since that's what I noticed the biggest change has come into), get Drew's, do a T test. it'd actually be extremely easy other than the fact that it'd be a bitch to do

I'm not saying it's true. I'm just noticing a pattern that I would love to test if there was an easier way of compiling scores.

And to your 2nd post, hahahaha. It's funny, because people are actually recognizing my name. I mean, it's only one or two per show, but it's something. hahaha.
You could do that... or you could get a life.
04:13 PM on 05/15/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying
I don't think you understand subjective reviews.
05:00 PM on 05/15/11
KatastrophiE
idiot savant
User Info.
I don't think you understand subjective reviews.
Getting a bit defensive. That's fine, to each his own, enjoy mediocrity.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums