|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Forgetting Midnight - 05.06.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We went through a few names and came across a name with the word "midnight" and another with the name "forgetting." Someone mentioned them together, and it just kind of stuck from there.
2. How did this band get started?
A good friend of mine and former bandmate Matt Gambino asked me to start a band and so I gave it a shot. Now it's two years later, and although Matt is no longer in the band, he is still a great friend and supporter. We all were at a point of quitting music when this band came along, so it was just meant to be.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are all influenced by different bands. Manny enjoys Green Day and Blink 182, but credits his love for music to Sting and The Police. Vinny is a fan of Alkaline Trio, Breaking Benjamins, and as many classic rock bands. Anthony likes a variety of music including Deftones and many independent bands. And Demian is a fan of all genres, so it's always hard to pin point what exactly he likes.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
With our music and sound we'd definitely love to tour with bands like Green Day, Alkaline Trio, and After Midnight Project. But as for bands of the past, our choice would definitely have to be Blink 182.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Homemade sandwiches - they are cheap and tasty.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're different on so many levels - we don't just limit ourselves to one genre of music. All our different influences in music allow us to really create some unique and fun songs.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
This is a pretty hard question only because each member of the band is or was an athlete at some point in their life. Manny is a professional wrestler (he's been in the ring with people like Sabu from ECW), Vinny is a professional boxer with a 2-0 record, Anthony is a former student of Judo, and Demian currently practices many different forms of martial arts and Capoera.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our family for being the solid support any musician needs to succeed.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Only the "marketable" music goes through - no one actually cares if the person sounds good anymore. It's all about looks and being a drunk mess.
10. Memorable tour experience?
On our drive back from New Hampshire we stopped at a diner where we were singled out and boo'd because one of the guys wore a Yankees hat and it was Boston Red Sox territory.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Nothing because the website wont load. Lol.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We don't like to do many covers, but the one cover of Blink 182 "Dammit" has always been a crazy fun song to play live.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
We all don't get the chance to go on vacation much, so touring and out of state shows are really our favorite things because we get to relax away from home and do what we love.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
All music from the 90's because we were all raised in that decade.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I think all of us would want to fly and have super strength…it would make touring a lot easier. Lol.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We all just relax and do some hand exercises to loosen the joints before going on stage.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most are shocked to find out what we've all done in our personal lives - from our drummer being a lawyer to our guitarist being a pro boxer.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? Radio is slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past. But anyone with a car still enjoys listening, so it will always be around. Although it may not be as helpful as it was years ago for musicians, it still allows a band's music to be advertised to the public.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We all enjoy doing different things. Manny enjoys graphic design and art, Vinny enjoys golf, Anthony is a comic artist and writer, and Demian is politically active.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We all have a variety of talents from art to construction to athleticism. These talents have helped us to build a strong band and our differences bring us closer as friends as we each try to support one another 100% in everything we do.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author