AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Tori Blk - 05.15.11

Interviewed by
Tori Blk - 05.15.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Tori Blk

www.toriblk.com

1. How did you get your band name?
My real name is Victoria but I wanted to cut it short. So, as you can tell, if you take the VIC and A from the ends it gives you Tori. As for the black, it's by far the darkest and most serious color you can think of. My music was meant for you to move but it was also meant for you to think a lot about what's happening in the world and with ourselves inside. Edit: she recently changed the name because people were misinterpreting her name.

2. How did this band get started?
My solo project started after had tons of problems in my life. I needed something to keep me going and to keep me thinking straight. I was playing music since I was a little girl and I had a band before, but I felt like I wanted to do my own thing and be able to express what I saw happening in my everyday life. My drummer from my last band joined and kept going even after the first band broke up and here I am!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
There are so many on earth and I know that there will always be so many who will influence me as I get older. But if I had to choose I'd say it'd be Good Charlotte, Daft Punk, The Smiths, The Doors, & Nirvana. They really reach inside me the most.
And I bet you would have never thought! haha

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
When I went to San Diego to record I met my producer for the first time and he had this duo project happening. He gave me a free EP so I could take a listen. I didn't listen to it until I got home and when I finally did I knew I wanted to find a way to play a show with them or at least on a mini tour! Their name is Hyena from San Diego, CA, and i think everyone should take a listen to them too. What I really loved was that even though I'm a solo project, Tori Black is a duo just like Hyena so I thought it'd be perfect!

My second, DAFT PUNK! woo hoo!

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Id say a veggie platter with tons of ranch & a stop at Subway for a veggie delight with tons of sweet onion! I'm vegetarian haha.. sure you got the feel of it ahead of time.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because people love good music and I'm sure they need something new to make them move and groove. So why not give TB a listen? Its def worth it! But if they pass now I just hope that in the future they can just give it a try. :)

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Hmm ...I have no clue! I've never been an athletic person. The most I've done was take a jog and yoga.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Everyone!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think the music industry is good right now. With all the cool stuff I couldn't really ask for more as an indie artist. Tune core, CD baby, and others have made tools for the indie artist to succeed if you use them to the fullest. It's going great so no change for me..

10. Memorable tour experience?
Getting car sick!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Ap.Net means to me... that if I want to read about my favorite bands and at the same time read about some new ones.. I know where to go for the 411.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play.. Daft Punk - One more time. It pumps me up and makes my day better... even on a shitty day.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Too busy for a vacation and too broke to even have one!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Doors, The Beatles, The who.. blame my father.. but blame him good cause I'm glad it was my childhood music!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To turn invisible! yeaaaa

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Drink a shot of vodka or whisky... it's good for you. jk

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm addicted to Rockstar Energy Drinks & my original instrument is GUITAR. :)

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio sucks ass , Online radio rocks!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to spend it in my home studio.. in my room reading.. play gameboy and watch movies while eating a garden pizza from papa johns.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
besides music..hmmm.. id say audio engineering & graphic design.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
09:35 AM on 05/20/11
DanceAlexDance
Just A Registered User
User Info.
they lied on the "How did you get your name" question
03:50 AM on 09/06/11
SensesFAIL13
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dang, all i can say is shes a good artist. Took a listen .

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos