Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts
11:21 PM on 05/22/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Good review, and a surprisingly good record. Their first album was boring and generic, but they really stepped up their game and creativity on this one.

Review is good, but I disagree with you on quite a few counts. "I Am The Challenger" is the one misstep on the record, and I find myself skipping that track nearly every time I listen to the album. And "Get Younger" is awesome, no idea why you think it's passable, haha.
I called it a "question mark"
12:48 AM on 05/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Record rules. Parts remind me of Fountains of Wayne. Parts remind me of Weezer.
The Fountains Of Wayne comparisons make more sense to me now than they did when we were eating waffles. When you said that the first time I was totally lost.
09:24 AM on 05/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Lots of people saying it's their favorite thing released this year, glad to hear it.
10:26 AM on 05/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm not too into these guys, but do any of these songs sound like "Fireworks"?

I also think the score is a bit too high with what you said in the review, but I haven't even listened to it myself, I guess I'm jumping to conclusions.
LOL
02:40 PM on 05/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
This review sort I excites me to check thr album out, but I'm also wary because it says that Fireworks' first full length is one of thr best debuts in recent memory, and I dont really like it haha. I guess the only way to know is to listen.
Just my opinion. I like that record a lot.
04:22 PM on 05/23/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
hahahaha wow, my bad man, I meant "Detroit" not "Fireworks"...just shows how much I'm into the band but I'm seein them open up for TWY in June, so I figure I'd give their new CD a listen.
I was lol'ing at the stupid comment you made about the score.
08:30 AM on 05/27/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Is it terrible that I sold back All I Have To Offer Is My Own Confusion to buy this? Regardless, I am crazy poor and it was so worth it. This record is leaps and bounds better than their first, even "I Am The Challenger" (that's actually one of my favorites right now) This is probably going to be my second favorite pop punk record behind TWY's.
After giving the new TWY record a few listens, it definitely doesn't latch on as quickly as this Fireworks release did. Suburbia is gonna take more listens to fully appreciate of course, but we definitely got two real solids from these bands this year.
10:50 PM on 05/28/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Is the sound quality much better than those clips on amazon? Cause it sounded really muddy.
Sounds fine to me. Kids are going to take a while to get used to the new production. I think it's awesome. Punk as fuck.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos