Farewell Flight - 05.16.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Hear the single ‘Out For Blood’ here: youtube.com/farewellflightmusic
1. How did you get your band name?
We were told it was the "name that will guide you to success" by a very sensitive ghost named Clarence (via Ouiji Board).
2. How did this band get started?
I (Luke Foley) built a time machine and traveled back with drummer Marc Prokopchak from the year 2029. Our plans were to perform (steal) all the hits we loved as kids (that will break out over the next 5 years) and claim them as our own before the real (future) writers could write them. We got our bassist (Robbe Reddinger) from the year 1886, and our guitarist Rabbit sorta just wandered into our practice space in the year 2007, and never really left.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Probably a band called Indian Summer. They're the most influential band of the 90's.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Band of Horses, Nada Surf, Augustana, and David Bazan. Because A) They are all amazing bands and B) Their contract riders probably have a ton of amazing food and drinks that we wouldn't, and we'd steal it at the end of each night.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
We kinda are furry.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we've never known anyone not to like our music. Of course, most people don't come up to you after a show to tell you how much they don't like your music...
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Out for Blood". Pretty difficult. Your mom would need at least two tries.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That we'd be more famouser.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Getting pissed on while sleeping under the van in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Or eating dumpster pizza.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
The best music news site we know of.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Lovefool" by the Cardigans
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Counting Crows and Third Eye Blind (interchange "childhood" with "younger years".)
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Does anyone ever answer anything other than "flying"?
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We're still alive, so yeah. We've made it in the way the survivors at the end of "Jurassic Park" have made it.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're in a band called Farewell Flight.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Rabbit can do an impersonation of anyone.
Robbe can do mathematical sums in his head instantaneously.
Marc can remember movie quotes word for word.
Luke can fall asleep basically on command.
07:58 PM on 05/24/11
her eyes were blue her hair was too
01:18 PM on 05/28/11
Why doesn't this band get a real interview now that a) they're signed and b) they have a new record coming out?
Buy The Music