Username
Password
The Academy Is News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Academy Is
Inside AP.net

William Beckett Interview

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (05/29/11)
A new interview with William Beckett of The Academy Is... regarding the state of the band can be read here. The band is currently in the studio.
InterviewAs far as Andy goes, he really just wants to focus on the Animal Upstairs and being the captain of his own ship. We support him, and Iíll always be his biggest fan. Heís a great artist, heís a great friend. Our friendship [has] actually only gotten stronger recently through the phone calls and conversations of getting to this point. For us, it was important that it didnít come off like there was any drama. Sorry to say, but itís not a big, sexy story.

Submitted by SayThisSooner

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
05:44 PM on 05/29/11
fanberlinboy
Having trouble inside my skin...
User Info.
I really want their next album to be good.
06:03 PM on 05/29/11
makeoutmags
every moment bleeds into one
User Info.
I hope that this is what the band needed to move forward and create better music. There are elements to this band I saw on the first release and on Santi that I still absolutely love. If they can channel those things into something a little different and mature, I think they'll survive as a band.
06:31 PM on 05/29/11
Ailite
one bright dusk
User Info.
I love this band despite their lackluster records. I hope the next one is fantastic.
06:53 PM on 05/29/11
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
I wonder if he'll continue to sing sassy/pithy lines and wear skinny jeans?
06:56 PM on 05/29/11
i'm a big deal.
Streets ahead.
User Info.
Im still sad about the split! But other than that I'm pretty confident in the new album!
07:38 PM on 05/29/11
whatthefruit
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopefully their next album won't disappoint again.
08:07 PM on 05/29/11
walk aimlessly
made of fabric strings and elastic.
User Info.
remember maine?
08:30 PM on 05/29/11
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
I would like another Santi please.
08:50 PM on 05/29/11
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
Great interview. It's good to hear from them even after the split..at least they're not breaking up and even if it's kind of sad, we've got something coming from them.

I may be one of the few, but I liked Fast Times a lot (well this is the weakest record of the 3, but I still liked it a lot). Every single one of the records sounds different, that's a good thing.. and I'm looking forward to hear new music from them.
08:59 PM on 05/29/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
This interview makes me excited for what's coming next. I liked almost here and loved Santi and William makes it sound like they're gonna be a little more progressive than Fast Times.....which was good but not near up to par with the other two
09:50 PM on 05/29/11
swimhockey
The Times We Felt ALIVE
User Info.
Have a feeling this new album will be similar to almost here but more mature. Sounds like that'd be awesome anyways.
01:11 AM on 05/30/11
TAI182
User Info.
I may be one of the few, but I liked Fast Times a lot (well this is the weakest record of the 3, but I still liked it a lot). Every single one of the records sounds different, that's a good thing.. and I'm looking forward to hear new music from them.

Same here. Each album has its own sound, and it works. I like them all a lot.
01:44 AM on 05/30/11
BobDylanismyman
OhShitIGotAHeadRush
User Info.
i was a fan from the first full length and I thought Fast Times was the best of the 3... Santi was by far my least favorite. The first one was great as a debut but Fast Times really created a vibe and mood as a whole. perfect summer record. hopefully the next one jams equally as well with whatever phase they go through as writers.
02:25 AM on 05/30/11
birtcho
is...
User Info.
I really want their next album to be good.
Did you hear the clip on their website? Sounded pretty solid
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News