Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 14
Displaying posts 195 - 197 of 197.
09:56 PM on 06/04/11
Javs
pretentious
User Info.
what you are saying could be true, it's just that i've seen and read things to think otherwise. but really do any of the mainstream pop stars write their own stuff? hardly any do and it seems like they are merely just "performing" the song that someone helped them write because clearly something is missing there talentwise from the artist.

yes, i'm biased toward mainstream pop music because i do think it is all a waste of time. i see that your in highschool and i do remember too back when i was in highschool i use to listen to mainstream music, i think back in my day the boy bands like nsync, backstreet boys, etc were the craze (i'm 27 now). . .maybe it's just an age thing. as i've gotten older, i realize that mainstream music is just not appetizing and their is WAAY much better pop music out there. . .the only exception is justin timberlake. . .that guy is extremely talented and his music is actually pretty good in a mainstream pop kind of way.
I actually graduated two years ago. Funny thing is that I hated pop in highschool and now I listen to it more than ever.

Either way, yes mainstream pop acts usually dont write their own music but there are some exceptions. There are exceptions to everything pretty much.
08:27 PM on 06/05/11
recklessabndn04
User Info.
definitely circa. they are pretty damn popular in the philly area where im from but it should be like that all over!
Ah nice to find a fellow philly-ite on here ! I'm in South Jersey now but yeah, in this area and P.A. they're big but, not worldwide "Lady GaGa" big lol which is a real shame.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests