AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Project Sign - 05.26.11

Interviewed by
Project Sign - 05.26.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

PROJECT SIGN (questions answered by Andrew, guitar & vocals)

www.listn.to/projectsign

1. How did you get your band name?
Well, it was the name for our government's first secret UFO research project. More than anything, it sounds cool and we don't have to share our name with other bands (much easier to get web presence).

2. How did this band get started?
Our bass player "Moos" and myself decided that getting ass would be easy if you played an instrument.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Blink, Pumpkins, Weezer, Silversun Pickups, Whetus, The Cure, Attack Attack!, a lot of pop/punk/songwriter stuff.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Probably Blink 182 circa 1998. That's the stuff that got me into playing, and it always seemed like a party. If it were present, I would love to tag along with Say Anything. I fucking love seeing them live.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Lunchables from Winco. 88 cents a pop! Basically anything that is cheap, doesn't require cooking, and looks like it won't make you shit your pants. No one wants to shit in a van full of dudes.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we make catchy songs and love playing. Everyone needs to step out of their normal jams. We are here to provide that! (And it boosts my self esteem).

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Probably James Stuart; I love my dirtbikes. Or Tiger woods because of his ass getting abilities.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Everyone that deals with my shit on a daily basis.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The way bands have to whore themselves out to get anywhere. Labels in general can go away. I would also put a tax on bands that get hooked up without failing a few times.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Drifting our suburban ("the burb") while it was snowing in Longview, Washington.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
To me it represents fans who care, like being connected, and bands that have a DIY attitude.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Right now? "Farewell to Shady Glade" by Of Mice & Men. All time? "Mutt" by Blink 182

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
If I had money: Coronado Island. Now: The Camping spot we drink at over here in Oregon, up by Bagby Hot springs.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Going boating at Lake Shasta with the fam and friends! Sunburns have never felt so good.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
X-ray vision, duh! No, probably the ability to write the best songs in the world. That, to me, is a super power.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Not really. Just kickin' it and not thinking too hard about what is about to happen. Sometimes a few drinks to get my entertainer face on!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I serve popcorn at Clackamas Town Center movie theatre! GO HARD!

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Ehhhh flourish would require some changes in writing...not gonna lie though, I can get down with 75% of the stuff on z100, I get down with house beats.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Ride my Dirtbike! Yee!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can hold my pee like a Jedi master.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums