Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 167
11:08 PM on 06/07/11
Festivus
for the rest of us...
User Info.
I just had an argument the other day with one of my friends about the new TBS tracks. While he was excited, I was less than impressed. That being I like this much better than the other tracks released so far.

Sometimes I like being wrong.
02:49 AM on 06/08/11
johnnyflashbang
User Info.
Why does everyone hate El Paso?
05:24 AM on 06/08/11
A Pilgrim
Destroy what you create.
User Info.
I love El Paso. It's the song that stuck in my mind the most, I'd even dare to say it's a stronger opener than You Know How I Do.
09:25 AM on 06/08/11
candeo1919
User Info.
It seems like all of these new songs make references to God or Jesus or some other kind of religious reference. I wonder at this, especially since on the liner notes of their first album they thanked "god".
09:26 AM on 06/08/11
candeo1919
User Info.
Meaning it seems like the Christian references are in somewhat of a negative light...
10:48 AM on 06/08/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Anybody else read the oral history in AP? I had no idea how miserable Mark was after Nolan and Cooper left.
11:04 AM on 06/09/11
Illuminate
It's a shame we need everything
User Info.
I feel the same way. I think I'm in that phase with some bands where if I want to listen to them, I'm going to want to listen to their older albums that I love more than anything else they release now. I will always be interested in new music from some groups, but I've lost interest in TBS.

This is also the reason why I love The Gaslight Anthem I think...a more mature sound, there's still something interesting there.
Agreed. Gaslight has refined their sound into something more mature while TBS hasn't really impressed me with their new stuff. It all seems like b-sides to their old albums
11:05 AM on 06/09/11
Illuminate
It's a shame we need everything
User Info.
I don't understand what's immature about it. I'll even go so far as to say I don't understand what was immature about old-school Taking Back Sunday. Music doesn't have to sound like Wilco to be "mature."
Lyrically, melodically, and vocally it doesn't sound any different. I'm talking about progression when maturity is brought up, not Wilco.
11:38 AM on 06/09/11
HoffPra
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I respect that opinion, as well as everyone has their own..but to many this does sound like a progression and maturity from their past albums..honestly, the production, lyrics, and melody is all around a new sound to many, and in a good way..

Nonetheless, I was a big Gaslight fan until in my opinion they got a bit boring..want to let you guys know that most of us are impressed, and it shows you worked hard, and I being a huge fan am excited to hear this..
02:31 PM on 06/09/11
A Pilgrim
Destroy what you create.
User Info.
I respect that opinion, as well as everyone has their own..but to many this does sound like a progression and maturity from their past albums..honestly, the production, lyrics, and melody is all around a new sound to many, and in a good way..

Nonetheless, I was a big Gaslight fan until in my opinion they got a bit boring..want to let you guys know that most of us are impressed, and it shows you worked hard, and I being a huge fan am excited to hear this..
I don't think that The Gaslight Anthem got boring at all, but I disagree about The Gaslight Anthem getting more "mature' while Taking Back Sunday didn't. If anything, both bands have grew up beyond their original scene reaching a bigger audience. While TBS did it first, New Again was a step back.

I don't think you can really compare TBS and TGA since they're so different from each other, all they have in common is that both are extremely accomplished bands. I have a lot of faith on the new Taking Back Sunday record, if anything, I've got four songs that I love as much as my favorite songs by them.
02:32 PM on 06/10/11
paidtomakegirls
Emo Hyphy
User Info.
I don't think that The Gaslight Anthem got boring at all, but I disagree about The Gaslight Anthem getting more "mature' while Taking Back Sunday didn't. If anything, both bands have grew up beyond their original scene reaching a bigger audience. While TBS did it first, New Again was a step back.

I don't think you can really compare TBS and TGA since they're so different from each other, all they have in common is that both are extremely accomplished bands. I have a lot of faith on the new Taking Back Sunday record, if anything, I've got four songs that I love as much as my favorite songs by them.
I guess that's what is lacking for me. I was expecting this new album to be go back in time and be a progression from Tell All Your Friends since they're returning to the original members. I haven't lost faith in TBS, but I think my expectations from them drop with each new album.
09:53 AM on 06/11/11
unnameworthy
Gypsy Wizard
User Info.
Pretty good. This might be able to appeal to both a scene and radio audience, which is impressive in itself. The second verse lyrics are killer.
05:30 PM on 06/11/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
Lyrically, melodically, and vocally it doesn't sound any different. I'm talking about progression when maturity is brought up, not Wilco.
Ok now I understand what you're getting at. To my ears, these new songs definitely sound different from the old ones, with the possible exception of "Best Places To Be A Mom." " El Paso" sounds like nothing they have done before. I haven't listened to "Faith" yet (at least I don't think I have). All in all, I think this new album will have some good variety on it, if nothing else.
09:28 PM on 06/11/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really really good =D
09:46 PM on 06/11/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
man I love this song so much.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE