AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36
12:09 AM on 06/08/11
BaysideISbetter
User Info.
The Papercut Chronicles is one of my fav CDs ever, I am not holding my breathe that "Papercut II" is going to live up to it.

What made Gym Class so cool was the lack of production... A rapper over guitar, bass and drums. That's what sold me way back when.

I don't want to hear this electronic crap mixed in, that's not the Gym Class I fell in love with.
12:36 AM on 06/08/11
rainbowchaos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That sounded generic, but I'll wait for the whole thing to form a strong opinion.
01:34 AM on 06/08/11
domotime2
Lee Corvallo's Putting Challenge
User Info.
i remember when they were touring with ska bands in the beginning of their career

Gym Class Heroes should be SOAKING THIS LATEST POP SHIT CRAZE UP! and as you can tell by the sound, they are sure trying. but a bit late to the party heroes.

sounds awful, forgetful, and just as bad as the majority of the radio shit these days
01:44 AM on 06/08/11
LipSyncdLyrics
User Info.
Where's the band? All I hear is beats.
It's like every record they put out, you can hear less and less live instruments. :/
02:16 AM on 06/08/11
TinMan20
I got soul, but Im not a soldier
User Info.
The Papercut Chronicles is one of my fav CDs ever, I am not holding my breathe that "Papercut II" is going to live up to it.

What made Gym Class so cool was the lack of production... A rapper over guitar, bass and drums. That's what sold me way back when.

I don't want to hear this electronic crap mixed in, that's not the Gym Class I fell in love with.
there you go
02:22 AM on 06/08/11
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Where's the band? All I hear is beats.
Agreed 10000%

How is the TPC 2? When I listen to TPC you can hear the raw beats, its drums bass and guitar and that's it. Nothing special or fancy. That's what I love about it so much, its right to the point, shitty production, raw hip hop. I don't know why they think they need all these bells and whistles to make them sound good? It makes it worse, its not the GCH I knew. It just upsets me that they would call this cd TPC 2, when im betting its going to sound nothing near the first one. Yes, its a 30 sec clip so I might be overreacting. lol

/rant
04:48 AM on 06/08/11
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
Didnt sound very good, at all. And was that some autotune I heard?
05:07 AM on 06/08/11
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
these typical four chords...
sounds like they're trying hard to have a huge single
05:58 AM on 06/08/11
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.

Preach.
GCH was extremely different back in the day as far as their musical style; that's why I loved them so much. I can understand why they would start making "radio singles" instead of grade A quality material and doing what they love without giving a fuck but it just makes me sad. I'm afraid the need for mainstream success will hurt the band in the end. Please don't turn into Cobra Starship...
ACASC was good and The Quilt may have been a complete 180 in sound but there are some gems on it, and because I'm a die-hard fan, I dug it.
Will always support this band though. Great guys, extremely fun live, and talented ( besides Travis). Just wish everyone else saw it too.
06:04 AM on 06/08/11
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
User Info.
Oh, Adam Levine!

I don't know if I consider them a band anymore, now everything I hear from them sounds like Travis with background music.
06:33 AM on 06/08/11
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
People are going to scratch their head at this bands co-headline tour in the fall
06:35 AM on 06/08/11
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
Adam Levine's part sounds boring, but I think radio will like it. I'll always wish big things for GCH. Still excited to hear the rest of the song and album.
Boring is what Adam Levine does best.
07:13 AM on 06/08/11
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is going to be HUGE for radio.
07:25 AM on 06/08/11
astretch4glory
User Info.

100 percent could not agree more...
07:33 AM on 06/08/11
beau blood rush
smoke & mirrors.
User Info.
I like this a lot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles