|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
A.I.R. (questions answered by Peter)
1. How did you get your band name?
"A.I.R." originally stood for "Art Is Resistance," an organization from a story from a Nine Inch Nails album. When I realized that it may have been copyrighted, I shortened the name to A.I.R. and left it ambiguous.
2. How did this band get started?
Thanks to Pro Tools, a guitar, and some drum loops, I started the band all by myself and am still making music by myself.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
My main influences are The Almost, Nine Inch Nails, Family Force 5, Showbread, and (if you can believe it) Owl City.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Family Force 5, Skillet, Swimming With Dolphins, and/or Children 18:3.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Never toured yet :( so I really can't say.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I put a lot of hard work into my music and I'd like people to hear it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Cal Ripken Jr. The guy never gave up.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My parents, my friends from church, and Camp Electric.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would give more Tooth and Nail artists and more rock artists more chances to be heard.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Once again, never toured.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Music. And good music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
By me: "Rocket."
By someone else: "Readyfuels" by Anberlin.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd have super strength because then I wouldn't have any problem parking - I could just move the other guy's car somewhere else. :P
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Just get out and rock.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm a teenager.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think radio is dying and needs to be revitalized. With some help I could probably do well on the radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to take naps and use Facebook.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can bike for two hours in the blazing sun without getting burned. And there's always my ability to make REALLY good salmon.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author