AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Stone Antica - 05.31.11

Interviewed by
Stone Antica - 05.31.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Stone Antica

www.facebook.com/stoneanticamusic
WWW.STONEANTICA.COM

1. How did you get your band name?
We were tired of not having a band name for over a year, so we started to look everywhere and tried to come up with something that stands out and is sounds cool but without luck. Then one day the guitarist Edvin Egir said he had found something that sounded cool, "Stone Antica." Without putting too much meaning into the whole thing, we thought it sounded good so we thought, "why not?!" The name itself doesn't have to represent us, we want to represent the name...

2. How did this band get started?
We started in 2005. Some of us went to school and some had already started their working days. It started off as a local funk-rock band, but has developed into something more unique over the years with rougher riffs and louder songs.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
People often say we have a sound like The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, Foo Fighters, and Wolfmother to name a few.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Hard to say, but to have stood on the same stage as The Red Hot Chili Peppers or Rage Against The Machine would have been something really cool.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Is there any good food on tour?!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We put our hearts and minds into this and hopefully our songs reflect these things. Our debut album that will be released September 1, 2011 took over 2 years to complete...and it wasn't because we were lazy. We finished it off with analog mixing and mastering to get that warm and punchy sound it creates. We think of the little things. Listen to the debut album and it will speak for itself.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I don't know. In my case, I could probably switch with anyone and it would be a step up.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our fans and family.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would get rid of all submission fees and people trying to score some money from hard working bands. I don't think a band should have to pay someone to get their music reviewed or use their music in movies and such. It should be a priviledge for someone to hear an album 3 months prior to the release and not something a band should have to pay for...

10. Memorable tour experience?
Unfortunately we have not yet been on a memorable tour.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means a great place for bands to get their music reviewed and for people to find some good music. Here everyone has a chance to get heard and there are genuine people behind the site.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
I would say a song called "Right On." It's track number 4 on the album. Damn it's rocking good stuff.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Mexico is a fine place.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Haha. Ace of Base, Aqua, Roxette. A rough start, right?!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Awesomeness. What if it was a superpower? Man, I would be awesome.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Drinking beer and hanging around backstage is a good ritual - takes the edge off.

17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Definitely. Radio is still the best place for bands to get heard. No one really shuts a radio off if they hear something new. Instead they take the time to listen to it, and with a few spins it might get stuck in someone's head so they're humming a song on their way home wondering where they heard it. And the next day, there it is again on the radio. And that's how you get new fans in the best and most genuine way.

18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang around with friends and family.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums