Rookie Of The Year has recently been releasing new demo clips and hinting at a return to form of The Goodnight Moon. The brainchild behind it all, Ryan Dunson, was kind enough to answer a few questions and give us an update on what's going on in the ROTY camp.
1. You've recently been posting some new song clips online. Can you give us insight to them?
Right now I'm demoing out in different studios while doing a tour here and there. Really trying to go back to where the passion was in Rookie songs. I love songs that give you feeling.
2. You said you want to return to a sound more along the lines of The Goodnight Moon. Why?
Well that was the only record I did almost all by myself and I kinda want to return to that sound... I write well that way. I just posted a demo called "Light Years Away" and as you can see it's starting to get back to the original sound that we all love from Rookie.
3. You're going to be doing some small shows and doing a short run with Sparks The Rescue. Are the live performances going to vary depending on the size of the venue or will you continue to play with a string backing band?
For Sparks I'm doing cello, violin and piano, different kinda sound, but it should be great! Then the tour after, Rookie will be announcing soon the full band summer tour! Which we will headline and do all the fun songs we know and love from all the albums.
4. Can we expect a record out before the year is over?
Acoustic EP for sure before the year is over. Record will be out early 2012.
5. What are your touring plans for the rest of the year?
Sparks the Rescue support into Rookie of the Year full band tour. That will end the summer...then I'm going to demo out for a 3 weeks in Missouri and write about 20 songs...then do a Fall tour and then go into the studio to record.