Brand-new-123 535
awakeohsleeper 490
inthemidst 327
Kurt Retenauer 171
XLT917 115
karadotcollett 112
circasuicide 88
aradiantsunrise 74

Other thread hit 5k after about a year and half of excellent discussion. Seeing as the other thread will be locked soon, here's the new thread, complete with DC Talk references!
04:54 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
You didn't like their last album? Ironically, it's my favorite of theirs, haha. Aaron Weiss's songwriting is so crafty and original.

I really enjoy folk-pop music, however I didn't enjoy their's as much as I thought I would. The sound was good, but the lyrics weren't the classic mwY that I came to love. Even with my love of mwY put aside, the lyrics were pretty bland, with a few exceptions.
05:01 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I really enjoy folk-pop music, however I didn't enjoy their's as much as I thought I would. The sound was good, but the lyrics weren't the classic mwY that I came to love. Even with my love of mwY put aside, the lyrics were pretty bland, with a few exceptions.

Hmmm...really? I thought it was interesting how Weiss used animal imagery, and used it to tell biblical tales metaphorically. That album actually gets categorized by many mwY fans as their worst, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't get into mwY until It's All Crazy.
05:13 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
Wexford, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
Don't threads go up to 10k now?
05:25 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Hmmm...really? I thought it was interesting how Weiss used animal imagery, and used it to tell biblical tales metaphorically. That album actually gets categorized by many mwY fans as their worst, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't get into mwY until It's All Crazy.
As the saying goes: "To each their own"

Don't threads go up to 10k now?

Do they? If that's the case, I'm really out of the loop.
05:27 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
So stoked for Falling Up's new album.
05:44 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
XLT917
We're never dead unless we give up.
Bristow, VA
Male - 24 Years Old
Same, the songs we've heard so far have made me very excited. At first I was reluctant because I never really got into Fangs, which muscially was great but because of the whole story idea, I didn't relate to the lyrics at all.
05:48 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Same, the songs we've heard so far have made me very excited. At first I was reluctant because I never really got into Fangs, which muscially was great but because of the whole story idea, I didn't relate to the lyrics at all.
I love everything they've done, including Exit Lights, which I feel is unfairly panned. Isn't the new one due out this month?
05:52 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
I still haven't really listened to anything of theirs! I need to get on that, considering I've seen them twice in concert.
05:57 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
I still haven't really listened to anything of theirs! I need to get on that, considering I've seen them twice in concert.
Dude, are you serious?! Buy everything they've put out right now. Physicals should be available for 1-2 bucks at most.
06:02 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
As the saying goes: "To each their own"

Do they? If that's the case, I'm really out of the loop.

True words, you speak.
06:17 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
XLT917
We're never dead unless we give up.
Bristow, VA
Male - 24 Years Old
I love everything they've done, including Exit Lights, which I feel is unfairly panned. Isn't the new one due out this month?

Yup, the 28th. Also, I don't have any song of exit lights except Fearless, which is my jam, for some reason I really love the part with the girl. it's a top 5 played song on my itunes.

Get on this!
06:19 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Yup, the 28th. Also, I don't have any song of exit lights except Fearless, which is my jam, for some reason I really love the part with the girl. it's a top 5 played song on my itunes.
lol dude that part always makes me mad because she sounds like Taylor Swift.
06:23 PM on 06/16/11 
User Info.
Jsmall
May life always have flavor
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Male - 23 Years Old
So I heard this new cover of "Do You Ever Feel That Way?" by secular indie band Candy Claws from this Starflyer 59 tribute split 10" with Mike Adams at His Honest Weight . It really made me miss starflyer 59 when they were at their prime and they actually toured.
01:25 AM on 06/17/11 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 25 Years Old
Think this is the first time I have ever been in the 'top posters' of a thread.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos