|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Jeremy McCarty - vocals/keys
Jordan Ryann - guitar/vocals
Aaron Olsen - guitar/vocals
Paul Olsen - drums
Dylan Roop - bass
1. How did you get your band name?
At first we wanted something to remind us of where we came from no matter where our band went, so we named it after a street in CO that we all grew up around. The name Sheridan actually means wild at heart or wild man, so it definitely fits our purpose.
2. How did this band get started?
Just a bunch of friends wanting to get together and play music, then it turned into our ministry from that.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
They are so spread out, but we take a lot of influence writing wise from Norma Jean, The Chariot, As Cities Burn, Underoath, and A Hope For Home.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
As Cities Burn would be a huge one or all of us. Plus Norma Jean, The Chariot, La Dispute, Underoath, My Epic, Hands, As I Lay Dying, Hope For Home, and, heck, throw Taylor Swift in there!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
NOT RAMEN, it has gotten to the point where ramen makes most of us sick! We stick with canned tuna for tuna sandwiches and Panera! Getting to stop at a Panera is a breath of greatness.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We aren’t just another dry band wanting to make money. We have a goal and this band is our ministry. If you are looking for answers or hope, we may not be able to give them to you, but we can help you find them.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Is there an athlete that gets paid for not doing anything? If so maybe them.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God (as cheesy as it is), our girlfriends (cause they put up with a lot), and everyone who we have ever met!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Take out the greed/competitiveness and make it about the music again.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Sneaking backstage to a huge concert with Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, ZZ Top, Carrie Underwood, and more through the back door pretending we were part of a band. Thank God for tour lamies!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
The voice of a generation.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We all really love our newest song "Gravediggers"! It is the heaviest song we have written. xbrutalx
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Somewhere not humid. Colorado is pretty awesome all the time! But a perk is a spot where we can fish, we LOVE to fish.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink 182, Taking Back Sunday, and Senses Fail. The old greats that really tore up the music scene back in the day!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The incredible super power to have every night of tour booked and have the tour run perfectly and just as planned. Because that would rule… More than flying… or super strength… or inter-species communication.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Band vocal warm-ups, warm-up stage jog session, and seek and soak prayer before we even get on the stage!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That we are super young. People think we are older because of the facial hair. But even more surprising than that is that some of our favorite bands personally are not the kind of music we play.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio now is so saturated. Just yesterday I heard the same rap song on three different radio stations at the same time…. I wish we could get a shot at the radio but I just don’t think there is a market for us on it!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Just normal stuff! Spend time with our girlfriends and family, play video games, record in our studio, work real jobs, long board, and a lot more! We just love to hang out.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
None that are hidden… that we know of at least! We are pretty plain, minus Paul and Aaron having twin to twin communication.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |