Victorian Halls - 06.20.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Carlos- Baby's need name, Villains need aliases.
2. How did this band get started?
Carlos - I met Sean in high school, and we each hated each other - I mean like real hate. But after I got my stitches out and he was out of his cast, we started talking; not like enemies, but about making music. We were sharing this small space above a funeral home on the south side of Chicago, moving bodies and cleaning the chapel after wakes, and then writing music into the night. Maybe it was our selfish nature, but we never thought about sharing Victorian Halls with anyone. We met Mike and Jordan through friends that weren't really and they really evened out our dynamic while opening up our landscape.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Sean- Lately, mostly hard dance. I also like the Killers, Felix Caral, Talulah Gosh, The Vaselines, the Kills.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Sean- I’d like to play, not with, but in Death from Above.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Carlos- Free, or Marlboro lights
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Sean- …Because I won’t ask you to. I’m not a pusher, but, if you do happen to, I know where you can get more.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Sean – Gordon Bombay
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Carlos- Guys like us don't date chicks like that.
Sean- Judges judge more than they’ve sold.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Sean- I’d like to see the rebirth of the album as an entirety. Music is disposable. That’s too bad. Yet, our culture is disposable. We have grown to love it, and have become disposable ourselves. The music industry is another casualty. It’s the effect not the cause.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Sean- Most memorable experiences take place in the van. I’ll express discretion. I like seeing all the new faces.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Sean- It’s an online community where most cool kids get their start hunting and researching bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Carlos- Personally my favorite is the song that gets people the most excited when we play it.
Sean- “I'm gonna eat your brain and gain your knowledge”. It’s only 1 note.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I love Toronto. Also love Boston, and the east coast in and around the Hamptons.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Carlos- Commercial jingles and TV theme songs as most of my childhood was spent in front of a television.
Sean- Alternative radio….still.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Carlos-I always wanted to be the man who was so fast he had to wear a lead boot to slow him down... But I'd never want to take that boot off.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Sean- Band hydration, or I usually seclude.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Carlos- Despite my name I do not speak Spanish
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Sean- I haven’t listen to radio in quite a while. Our radio director would say: Yes. The new album is gold. Definitely, Yes.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sean- Read, Bret Easton Ellis and Bukowski, and I’m constantly experimenting with new gear and recording techniques.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Carlos-Whenever I hitchhike I get picked up, is that a talent?
Sean- Hiding a true talent is a talent in itself.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music