Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
03:31 AM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Not mad just amused, she has a good voice, so do a lot of top 40 acts. In the end it's the same mix of club bangers and cheesy quasi sentimental songs, I just don't think this album deserves the heaps of praise he gave to it.

I'm not much of a Beyonce fan myself, but this is a music site and pop music is still legitimate music that should be able to be reviewed as well. I'm a huge pop fan, and I enjoy that AP occasionally reviews pop music. To me, a lot of the bands covered on AP sound like a mix of the same, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be reviewed just because I don't appreciate it. You are entitled to your opinion about not liking it as much as the reviewer does, but he still has a right to write it.
04:20 AM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
User Info.
I would also disagree with the vocals score, though I do think she can sing. I'm biased because I don't care for Beyonce and her blatant song-stealing ways, but I would probably give her a 7.5. Christina, Mariah, and Kelly Clarkson's vocals >>>> Beyonce. But again, I just don't care for the way B sings, and her whole package kind of turns me off.
02:48 PM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
User Info.
Laughing at the delusional people who say she can't sing

Making this face at people saying she's the "voice of our generation" and the best pop star out right now. Why Don't You Love Me is one of my favorite pop videos to come out in the last few years, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

03:03 PM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
User Info.
I don't think she's the voice of our generation by a long shot, but I do definitely think she is one of best performers out right now. WDYLV is one of her best videos, and it's sad that it doesn't get much recognition.

Eh, I don't care for her for a few reasons. For me, Beyonce doesn't really have the whole package. Her personality has never clicked or seemed genuine to me, she is boring (and when she tries to spice things up I feel like she falls flat), and she seems like someone who would do anything to get ahead (take credit for what she hasn't done, or exaggerate what she has done, and don't even get me started on her father). I think Britney at her peak dance-wise could out-dance Beyonce, and Christina at her peak singing-wise could out sing her. She doesn't really bring anything to the table for me, though I do like a lot of the singles she has released over time.
09:06 PM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
User Info.
Not a Beyonce gif, but whatever. Christina is cuter

Review Selena Gomez's new album!
09:17 PM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
User Info.
Will ignore the fact that I think Aguilera is the devil to say: Selena's new one was a pleasant surprise.

Christina will always be amazing, just because Stripped is one of my favorite albums of all time.

After Selena's last album was a letdown, I wasn't expecting much from her, but it is so catchy. Been stuck in my head for days. It'd be interesting to see a nice in-depth review, since a lot of reviews for pop music I come across are just badly written or talk about their personal lives more than the music.
09:55 PM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
User Info.
I might do one myself if Ian doesn't. Wouldn't be as good.

You should. Wiplash is perfection, though I'm totally biased because Britney wrote it haha.
07:32 PM on 07/01/11
kianacarly
User Info.
She should release it as the next single

She definitely should. Britney has always written some of my favorite songs from her, and I hate it when people say she can't write her own stuff. Whiplash is so catchy. I wish Britney had kept it for herself, even though I love Selena's version.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests