AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

My Heart's Cry - 06.28.11

Interviewed by
My Heart's Cry - 06.28.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

My Heartís Cry

www.Myheartscry.net
www.Facebook.com/myheartscry
www.Twitter.com/myheartscry
www.Youtube.com/myheartscryband
www.Myspace.com/myheartscryband

1. How did you get your band name?
Our name, I think, is self-explanatory. What is a song? Itís the voice or cry of our heart. It only made sense to call our project as such.

2. How did this band get started?

My Heartís Cry got started while I (Jeff) was in college. I started writing and playing acoustically and picked up a drummer. We started for a while as Jeff Scott Project, but thought an official band name would do much better.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by Relient K, 30 Seconds to Mars, Switchfoot, Run Kid Run, The AlmostÖ

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would like to tour with 30 Seconds to Mars. Jared Leto really knows how to work a crowd, and I would hope that I could pick up on some of that. It just makes the live show more entertaining.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?

I would be a lion cause Iím the king.. haha

6. Why should people listen to your band?

You should listen because we have a message to tell.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Stronger." It would be the easiest song on the game. haha

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

I would thank God for sure. My family, my sister for cutting my hair for free, and everyone that ever stood behind us as a band. Especially our fans!!!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

The shadiness. Weíre all in the same business, but there are those who take your money and never do what you agreed upon. It really slows some of the best projects down.

10. Memorable tour experience?
We toured through Florida and didnít really make any money. The worst part was, our trailer tongue snapped just outside of Boca Raton and our gear was held on by 2 inches of metal. SCARY!! That could have been a major disaster.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Itís the best place to hear about the best bands for sure!!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our favorite song to play live is "Unworthy". Most times when we get to the piano break in the middle of the song, I donít have to sing it. Itís so awesome to hear our fans singing along.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Nashville, TN. That place is gorgeous and thereís just so much history everywhere.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Hymns. My family was pretty traditional

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would like to have Gambitís power. Just the thought of turning anything into a flaming weapon of mass destruction has me intrigued.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No. I donít think Iíll ever feel that way. Thereís just too much road to travel, and too many people who havenít heard of us. Gotta keep moving and never slow down.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I loved playing with LEGOs growing up. I could put anything together by the age of 5, and thatís all I wanted for my birthday. Sometimes when I see them on the shelf I want to buy them, but then I realize I really donít have time to play like a kid anymore. I miss those days.

18. What's your favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday would have to be Christmas. Itís the time I remember most when my family would gather on Christmas Eve at my Granís house and eat, play games, and open presents.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I wish I still had spare time. BUT, if I did, I like to play RPG video games.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Iím a very good at fishing and hunting. I grew up around it, and something about being in the outdoors brings me peace. Iím always moving and thinking and doing, but when Iím out there Iím clear.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests