Posted by: Matthew Tsai (07/02/11)
Fear Before are currently on hiatus.

Submitted by multiple users

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 77.
12:47 PM on 07/02/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
From facebook"guys. im sorry if you have been left with the feeling that we (fear before the march of flames) have been leading you on making you think were working on music. we are not. as of april 2010 goose david mike and i have not been in the same room together with our instruments.

however, until april 2010 i had written quite a few songs for a new fear before the march of flames record with the help of goose. whether or not we will ever release another record is up in the air right now. there is no immediate plan to write/record/ or tour. this has nothing to do with Orbs, Loom, All Human, or any other project goose or i may be a part of. Its just the way things went.

2009 took a very weird turn for us and it kinda left all of us collectively and individually wondering what the hell we were doing. I truly am sorry to everyone who is anxiously awaiting a new record from us. im not saying it will never happen, i just cant say that it will. we appreciate all you as friends and fans have allowed us to do and the second there is any development in fear before world you will be the first to know. please feel free to voice your opinion on the matter and i will respond. just know i truly hate bumming any of you out. it truly wasn't my or our intent for it to come to this.

as far as all human goes, that is where i will be directing my creative energy for the time being. i hope you guys will enjoy that for what it is. its not a side project or something to keep me busy until something else comes along. it is the music i feel like making and sharing for right now. love you guys. thank you for your support.
-adam"
12:52 PM on 07/02/11
cwhit412
User Info.
:(
12:55 PM on 07/02/11
armoireofdoom
User Info.
I had a feeling this was coming. Too bad. I hope these guys release something eventually.
12:57 PM on 07/02/11
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
is anyone surprised by this? these dudes haven't done anything in what feels like ages.
12:58 PM on 07/02/11
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
saw this coming, it sucks that they didn't even tell us until now
12:59 PM on 07/02/11
voncorn
Once again, it's all an act.
User Info.
Knew this from at least a year ago. Very saddened to see one of my favorite local groups throw in the towel. I have hopes for reunion shows though.

I did happen to catch (and partially film) their unofficial "last show" back in December 2009, but they deserve to go out on a much bigger bang than this particular 35-ish minute set. Nobody cared when they played that night, it was kind of depressing (I filmed a couple other songs too, just check out my channel):

12:59 PM on 07/02/11
Nickisonfire
Waffles
User Info.
fuck that.
01:02 PM on 07/02/11
steve187
nah
User Info.
Nooooooooooooo. I kinda knew something like this was coming but this is still awful news. I was just thinking the other day how much I wanted to hear new music from them
01:02 PM on 07/02/11
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
Figured this would happen. Pretty shitty. Last time they were around here they played very, very tiny shows.
01:03 PM on 07/02/11
Mr.Kilgannon
Illuminate
User Info.
So disappointing.. Was looking forward to what I thought was going to be another album from them :/
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I figured. Bummer none the less.
I'm DC
I hope this terrifies you.
User Info.
I've considered them on hiatus since The Always Open Mouth.
01:08 PM on 07/02/11
arson
User Info.
Not surprised; bummed nonetheless.
01:20 PM on 07/02/11
signal to noise
User Info.
genuinely upset about this. was looking forward to new material. hope all the members are doing well.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS