Album Review

Lecarla - Silent City EP Album Cover

Lecarla - Silent City EP

Reviewed by
Lecarla - Silent City EP
Label: Unsigned
Release Date: May 2010
Who?

Lecarla are a British band that have taken control of the unsigned scene, becoming pros on their local and national gigging circuit and earning their stripes as the next big thing. They've been featured in Kerrang! and the Red Bull Bedroom Jam.

How is it?

Lecarla burst onto the music scene with their debut, Uncovered, and for a debut, it was incredibly strong. It featured three brilliant rock songs that ultimately were - and still are - responsible for Lecarla making their mark. However, Silent City is where things become really interesting, featuring songs such as opener "D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F," one of their strongest tracks to date. Lizzy Dent on vocals is easily the main draw of the band, as with any female-fronted band. However, Lecarla seem to have tapped into something slightly different, combining elements of hard rock with the poppier melodies and guitars most likely heard in a Paramore song than, for instance, a Bullet For My Valentine track.

The EP continues with "This is the Interval," which features an intro with a great riff running through the verse, although the chorus does remind you of earlier songs such as "Where Do We Go." It can only be a sign of stagnation in favor of progression. That being said, it's followed by the brilliantly aggressive "Violation," which uses gang-vocals in a similar vein to that of Paramore. In this case, it can only be seen as a good thing. "Cities in the Sky" follows and is another case of aggression being the band's strongest point. Closing track "Obstacles & Runways" also demonstrates this perfectly, wrapping up the album in style.

Recommended If You Like: Paramore; Bullet For My Valentine; VersaEmerge

myspace.com/lecarla
This review is a user submitted review from pursuingdesign. You can see all of pursuingdesign's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version