Password

04:25 AM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Amazingamazingamazing. Couldn't have been a better night, everything was perfect from premiering tracks they hadn't ever played live before ("Heave") to playing old songs which they retired a while back ("Latchmere", "Toothpaste Kisses") and a doo-wop version of "About Your Dress". They also have 3 screens and a whole professional camera set up filming and projecting onto the screens alongside various effects (DVD has to happen production values on the screens alone was amazing) and a seriously incredible and huge lighting rig. Wanna go back so so bad. Last picture shows how packed and what a 10,000 people sold out palace show looks like.
SetlistGiven to the Wild (Intro)
Child
Feel to Follow
Wall of Arms
Young Lions
No Kind Words
Go
Glimmer
William Powers
First Love
X-Ray
Can You Give It
Forever I've Known
Heave
Toothpaste Kisses
Latchmere / About Your Dress
(Slowed down/doo-wop version of "About Your Dress" played during "Latchmere")
Love You Better
Pelican
Encore:
Unknow
Went Away
Precious Time
Grew Up At Midnight

06:10 AM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member

12:21 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
06:08 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
carryonblinking
dance anthem of the 80's.
London, England
Female - 21 Years Old
Saw them at the Alexandra Palace gig, they were amazing. Easily one of the best bands I've seen live.
09:37 AM on 06/19/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Only decent video of it so far and the crowd is annoying, but seeing this for the first time at the huge Alexandra Palace gig a couple of weeks ago was amazing because a)it was the first they'd aired the "mash up" b) it's of "Latchmere" and "About Your Dress", two songs from their debut which they haven't played in many years and c) its a doo-wop version of "About Your Dress" (although it doesn't come across as much of one in the video due to sound, but still great).

Makes me wanna experience for the first time live again, whole gig was best ever. This is taken from a UK festival over the past weekend, so not the time I saw them at the Palace recently, but nevertheless:

09:39 AM on 06/19/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Saw them at the Alexandra Palace gig, they were amazing. Easily one of the best bands I've seen live.
Didn't see this until now, that's awesome another fan from my neck of the woods. So good, right? Absolutely adored the whole night. Nothing is fun since then haha.
12:37 PM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
carryonblinking
London, England
Female - 21 Years Old
Didn't see this until now, that's awesome another fan from my neck of the woods. So good, right? Absolutely adored the whole night. Nothing is fun since then haha.

It was my first time seeing them so it was pretty perfect! The crowd were pretty crazy though, haha.
01:09 PM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
It was my first time seeing them so it was pretty perfect! The crowd were pretty crazy though, haha.
Yeah quite the passionate crowd at their gigs, it makes me love going to see them even more. Always singing along every word as loud as possible. Glad you had fun, got any other gigs lined up?
03:11 PM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
carryonblinking
London, England
Female - 21 Years Old
Yeah quite the passionate crowd at their gigs, it makes me love going to see them even more. Always singing along every word as loud as possible. Glad you had fun, got any other gigs lined up?

It was definitely worth journeying through the whole of the Picadilly Line to see them! Yeah, I've got blink in Brixton coming up next month, what about you?
02:43 AM on 06/29/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Rock Werchter pictures. Hi Orlando's tattoos, hi Hugo making a La Shark promo with my tee.

05:41 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
carryonblinking
London, England
Female - 21 Years Old
I was at Rock Werchter but didn't get to see them unfortunately, my friends all wanted to see Rise Against at the same time and I waited for blink afterwards. Would have been great to see them in that little tent though!
06:45 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Yeah apparently they went down a storm! Looked like it was baking in there though, they seemed to have a blast. Feels weird not having a date lined up to go and see them again, already seen them three times this year, need more.
04:39 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
I N D P L S
Male - 26 Years Old
This album rules. This and the new DIIV album really surprised me this year.
04:36 AM on 07/29/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Next single is going to be "Ayla" which is a great choice. They played an amazingly stripped back version of it on BBC Radio 2 yesterday, will post when it appears online.
05:57 AM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
carryonblinking
London, England
Female - 21 Years Old
Next single is going to be "Ayla" which is a great choice. They played an amazingly stripped back version of it on BBC Radio 2 yesterday, will post when it appears online.

Here's a link to the live session, http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/8...7ef3f#p00wnmxl

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos