1. How did you get your band name?
There's an establishment near where we live with the same name. We joked about calling ourselves that and it stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
Steve, Mark, and Chris met in a previous band. Scott and Shawn were found via Craigslist, but oddly enough Steve and Shawn played in their first "band" (and I use that term lightly) when they were in junior high school.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Descendants, Avail, Grey Area, Smoke or Fire, Iron Chic.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
As much we love the thought of playing with bands we grew up listening to, there are so many great bands doing what we're doing. We think it would be fun to share the road with them – bands like Sister Kisser, Timeshares, Sidekicks, Menzingers.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
The search for the greatest burger in the world never ends.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I think we stick to the the 2 minute punk song while adding a little extra flare here and there. We also keep the energy up through our sets and keep our beers full.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Maria Sharapova. So hot.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would thank the Grammy voters for being black out drunk during their decision process.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think what I'd like to see change would be less artists being shaped by their labels and more music from the heart. The music being produced for radio has fallen into a pattern - all this overly produced, auto-tuned music takes away a little of the realness that used to exist when we were younger. The inverse is that although record sales are down everywhere there are lots of creative things being done by artists to keep people interested in them, and I think that's why the smaller bands are getting much more interest these days.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Haven't hit the road yet, but there are some wild stories that get tossed around. Scott could tell you about his old band's ABCDFUCK van.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
They have always understood the smaller artist and promote signed/unsigned artists equally. I think that's admirable that they are punk in the respect that they don't only shell out what labels are pushing them.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Newer stuff is always fun to play because it's fresh. We're all digging "Religion/Division" right now....next E.P. hmmm?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Something that provides a glimpse into the culture of the country, but also has some nice beaches to chill on. Dominican Republic is pretty dope.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I think we'd all have different answers...I'll say Weezer.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to zoom in on things with my eyes. I'm blind as a bat so not only would it be nice to see stuff but also see things that are like 1 mile away.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
2 beers and a water.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We don't have a van...we all drive separate cars which is convenient on a personal level, but pretty lame on a band level.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We're not built for the radio. We like doing the DIY thing. We'd sign to a label, but it would need to be the right fit for us.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
BBQ, travel, see shows we're not playing.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I probably still remember how to play a scale on an alto saxophone from 4th grade.