Password

Album Review
Plain White T's - Wonders of the Younger Album Cover

Plain White T's - Wonders of the Younger

Reviewed by
Plain White T's - Wonders of the Younger
Record Label: Hollywood Records
Release Date: December 7, 2010
Plain White T's have never had much success with reviewers due to their lack of originality and seriousness. Their career has been like a mountain; they got to the top only to find that they had to go down again, and at the peak of this mountain would be "Hey There Delilah," which burst onto the scene in 2006. At the bottom side of this peak would be, well, that's for you to decide. I think this album is a step up from their previous efforts, with Tom Higgenson and lead guitarist Tim Lopez interchanging lead vocals from one track to another; they've started to climb a new mountain, if you will.

You're expecting an album nothing short of anything Disney can use on a soundtrack for some musical they've been writing. But no, you get something much better. It still lacks originality, but it has a new theme for each track on this record. This pop-rock band has more songs on this record that aren't about losing the person you love, not being able to talk to the person you love or not being able to love the person you love than they do about being irrational, mystery, maps of the world - you get my point.

“Rhythm of Love,” the lead single and first track to feature Lopez on vocals, shows that they can find a more withstand able singer (Lopez sings lead on four or five other tracks). Higgenson can take a break from writing, as Lopez penned this track himself, which explains why he wanted to sing it.

This album is a great step up from Big Bad World due to the fact that they have more songs you can relate to and are actually worth putting on repeat. Vocals are the massive stand-out aspect on this record; they should not disappoint any longtime fans. The only sad part about this record is the lasting value. It’s too low, and the musicianship is too poor to even be considered for originality.

5.5/10
This review is a user submitted review from InfiniteArms. You can see all of InfiniteArms's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
11:52 AM on 07/10/11
hello299
User Info.
Solid review. Fair and balanced.
06:33 AM on 07/11/11
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
Solid review. Fair and balanced.

Thanks man. I'm not a very good writer so to hear that boosts my esteem on writing. Glad you liked it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos