1. How did you get your band name?
The Turbo A.C.'s comes from the movie "The Warriors." It's a movie based on NYC street gangs in the '70s. The craziest gang "The Warriors" had to encounter was the Turnbull A.C.'s. It was a cool name for a band I thought, but I wanted to make it more our own with reference to the music rather than a street in the Bronx...so we changed the Turnbull to Turbo and that was that!
2. How did this band get started?
It was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. But really, I moved to NYC and started playing drums with some bands...things didn't work out. I decided to play guitar and sing and start from scratch with guys that didn't have any experience and build it from the ground up.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Worst question ever, mainly because the music we do is influenced by way more than bands. Live vintage Kung-Fu, Spaghetti Westerns, tragic events, etc. But if we have to...the Turbo A.C.'s sound is something like Dick Dale meets Motorhead.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
How about Dick Dale and Motorhead... that'd be a cool show.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
KFC...fuck all the bitches and hoes man, it's all about fried chicken! (And I think it stands for Kevin Fuckin Cole. Also see "Fried Chicken" off our album "Live To Win")
6. Why should people listen to your band?
They shouldn't! If there's one thing you should not do is listen to The Turbo A.C.'s. Don't do it! You've been warned.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That's a tough one. Everyone is always bitching, saying that things should be the way things used to be. But I don't know, I like to embrace change...I have to think it's all for the better. Maybe one thing that would make me happy is if people would lay the fuck off the Auto-Tune.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Flipping our van on tour in Wyoming.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
The coolest most informative punk site ever! Duh!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Kill Everyone," or anything off the new album. We're super stoked about it.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Costa Rica! (I'm a surfer).
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Rolling Stones Sucking in the 70s.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility - hands down the most functional modern day super power. C'mon heat vision?...fuck that.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Find the club...load in? Not really. Every show and every venue is different and the ability to adapt is extremely important. I think that's why people come to see us again and again - every show is a bit different.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I was originally a drummer...I started playing guitar and singing because, well, everyone knows the joke about the last thing the drummer said before he got kicked out of the band right? It's because he said "hey guys...I wrote a song..."
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I don't listen to a lot of radio. But yeah, why not? I mean, I always thought that punk rock was great and I couldn't believe that it wasn't on the radio and I was amazed that the masses were so stupid.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I surf, I cook, I do photography, I produce other bands and hip hop and I have a pretty rigorous drinking schedule. I stay busy. One thing I don't do is watch TV.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hmmm, I think I've already mentioned a few. For the most part what you see is what you get.