Username
Password

03:49 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
Adrian Villagomez
West of the World
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old

A film entitled The Avengers will be released on July 15, 2011 by Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios. Iron Man director Jon Favreau is the executive producer, while Robert Downey, Jr. and Don Cheadle will play Iron Man and War Machine respectively. Marvel confirmed the roster will also include Captain America, Thor and the Hulk, as they band together against a larger force. The film's writer, Zak Penn (co-writer of The Incredible Hulk), emphasized Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's Ultimates as the inspiration for the story.

Does this thread not exist yet, or am I just not seeing it?
03:53 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
You know Elvis had a twin brother?
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't think it does. What happen to that sticky thread Adrian with a collection to all the official threads anyway ?

I can't believe this movie will actually be real though. I want to see some movement on the Captain America movie.
03:54 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
Brooklyn, NY
Male
This movie sounds like it's going to be great. Can't wait to see it
03:55 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
PaulsRightNut
and the world spins madly on
No Avatar Selected
sweet. Have captain america or thor actually start filming?
03:57 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Can't wait for a mega man or sonic movie haha
04:08 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
sweet. Have captain america or thor actually start filming?
No, they are still in pre-production for all of those movies. I'm extrmely curious though who will direct Captain America and whoever will play Steve Rogers himself (please let it be Aaron Eckhart). Seeing all of these guys in a movie should be brillant. I'm curious as well to Ed Norton's involvement. I don't see him being in a Avengers movie beyond the first.
04:13 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
fluke182
Burning bicycles for revenge
Anchorage, AK
Male - 30 Years Old
This movie is going to rock the house. I really hope they finish off the casting as brilliantly as they've started it, although Thor is going to be ridiculously difficult to cast. I mean come on...who looks like the Norse God of Thunder? Not many people.
04:21 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
This movie is going to rock the house. I really hope they finish off the casting as brilliantly as they've started it, although Thor is going to be ridiculously difficult to cast. I mean come on...who looks like the Norse God of Thunder? Not many people.
I say Karl Urban. He could do an awesome Thor as well as a good Donald Blake as well.
04:53 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
Vincewithouthee
Trying to be cool
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
As Thor I wanna see Kevin McKidd as rumored before. That would be simply awesome.

Really glad they're going with this. They better not fuck this one up.
05:48 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
Adrian Villagomez
West of the World
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
I say Karl Urban. He could do an awesome Thor as well as a good Donald Blake as well.
I can see it. He played a good Eomer.
05:50 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
fluke182
Burning bicycles for revenge
Anchorage, AK
Male - 30 Years Old
I think they have to have two actors. I mean, Thor and Donald Blake look nothing alike and I just don't see one actor being able to pull off both. Seriously, can you imagine a guy walking around looking like Thor in normal clothes? Plus, they're entirely different personas.

I really could see Karl Urban though. He'd be good, and it's perfect for him because it's just lots of posturing and violence. Keep the talking to a minimum Karl! I do like Kevin McKidd as Blake though. I think he'd do a good job, although he is an American. Not that McKidd couldn't pull off American.

Also, am I the only one that's a bit skittish about Zak Penn using the Ultimates as the basis? I guess I shouldn't be because Iron Man was definitely pretty hard on the Ultimate feel and Samuel L. Jackson is actually playing Fury, but I don't know. I kind of wish we would get Avengers classic.
06:11 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
Miss Heartcore
If I look back, I am lost.
NEW JERSEY
Female
I'm sooo excited for this.
06:37 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
buysoap
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
06:39 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
buysoap
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
Also, am I the only one that's a bit skittish about Zak Penn using the Ultimates as the basis? I guess I shouldn't be because Iron Man was definitely pretty hard on the Ultimate feel and Samuel L. Jackson is actually playing Fury, but I don't know. I kind of wish we would get Avengers classic.

Everything about Ultimate Iron Man is different than what was in the Iron Man movie. In Ultimate Iron Man, Tony Stark could regrow limbs, was friends with Rhodes since they were little, and Obadiah was an annoying little fat kid. Also, the role of his father was almost non-existent in the movie outside of the opening recap before Tony gets the award.

However, the black Nick Fury? Yeah. That' Ultimates. And I think that if they took Ultimates 1 and made it a movie, it'd be awesome. Ultimates 2 would be an even better movie because that book is fucking incredible. Ultimates 3? Yeah... not so much. Then again, they did already make the animated movie Ultimate Avengers which followed the plot of the book semi-closely and was pretty good. So I dunno. But I approve of anything Mark Millar related (except for the Wanted movie)
07:56 PM on 11/09/08 
User Info.
Jessooker
You're the one I like the best.
Jersey
Female - 27 Years Old
They need Edward Norton!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music