Username
Password

01:06 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
Chris Evens remains the weak link. I get pumped up - enjoy what I'm seeing - and then that moron says something and furrows his brow like he's squeezing out a Hulk sized shit.

As much as I disagree with you on this topic, I crack up every time you post something like this.
01:08 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
Wonder how high up they are when Loki throws Tony out the window?
01:08 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Well hot damn, that trailer

Can we assume that the enemies are the Annihilation Wave yet?
01:15 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
I hope that "We're not a team, we're a time bomb" line is better in context.

I think the context of the in-fighting in the trailer provided that. Meaning they don't really get along, like Thor lunging at Capt. America.

That city/street destruction looks straight out of Armageddon and Transformers.

I think that's just par for the course. How else are you supposed to shoot a bunch of stuff destroying a city?
01:23 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Asadcow
Yell Like Hell to the Heavens
Seattle, Washington
Male - 24 Years Old
I was hoping the infighting in the woods meant the film was incorporating the Thor plot from the Ultimates, but it looks like a generic brawl between the three of them. A little disappointing.
01:27 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 22 Years Old
I love the look of the action in this, so I hope everything else is on par. Nothing I like more than a movie with awesome action and everything else being either close to or better than the action itself.
01:32 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
I think there's been quite a few action films over the past 20 years that have done it well. I think the first Transformers did it ok, actually ... unfortunately by the time the 3rd came around - it became an extremely cliche and over the top look.
I'd even say the third one had some incredible special effects, it just everything else that was absolutely terrible. I'd say the over-the-top destruction plays for a movie like this. I expect nothing but fun, uninsulting popcorn action.
01:45 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
All I want is a decent story, fun action, and some funny dialog. I'm don't expect this to be my favorite film of the summer, but at I least want a have a good time seeing this movie.
01:52 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
I don't think it's the bar being set low. I mean you have a bunch of heroes gathering for one movie, I wouldn't go expecting tons of depth, otherwise you're going to get a four-hour movie for a movie that doesn't really require a ton of nuance. I'm not saying let's go "Fantastic Four" up in this piece, but I think Whedon is good at balancing things out.
02:31 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
For being such a huge film, this really looks like it all takes place on one goddamn street.
02:51 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
Well, it is Cleveland. Alot of places downtown look very much the same.
03:09 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 24 Years Old
Why do we allow the bar to be set so low for these movies? I think that's what bums me out the most.

I would rather have low expectations and enjoy the film then have high expectations and hate it. That being said I'm unbelievably excited for this movie and I definitely have high expectations for it haha
03:13 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
Films like this are built upon being spectacles that are supposed to blow our minds. It is that cultural mindset of "going in with low expectations" that allow for studios to make things that no longer have to live up to them. That stagnant attitude that has cursed us with seasons full of dull shit.
03:23 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
I'd rather have high-expectations and have them met.

I blame low expectations for "Iron Man" being such a surprise. I guess I wouldn't say they were low, but I wasn't expecting anything great. Blew me away, outside of that cheesy last quarter of the movie.

But I get what you're saying.
03:33 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
Why do we allow the bar to be set so low for these movies? I think that's what bums me out the most.

I think we set the bar too high. For better or for worse, summer movies are a spectacle. It doesn't mean we have to shut our brains off, but we shouldn't treat it like its Oscar season. However, I agree that if the movie's story is shit, and the acting is terrible, the spectacle shouldn't be put off as an excuse.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos