|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
It had a better ring than Dog Cadavers - those were our only two options.
2. How did this band get started?
We met in the Witness Relocation Program. These are not our real identities.
3. What artists are you influenced by?
Robert Johnson, Wendy Carlos, Phil Spector, Count Grishnackh, and Eddie Money.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Not Buddy Holly, Lynrd Skynrd, or Aaliyah. Maybe Randy Rhoads.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
The ones that help with hangovers.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because listening to our songs is the only real way into Heaven.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Dock Ellis on June 12, 1970. Google it, kids.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We’d thank each other for being incredible songwriters and musicians, and the Grammy committee for supporting our music despite it being obvious Communist propaganda.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The willingness of the general public to accept no-talent bullshit as legitimate music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We blackout on tours.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is a great place for people that have good taste in music to interact with people that have terrible taste in music, and come together in harmony to agree that Cadaver Dogs is the only band that matters.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
The ones with hidden messages.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Transylvanian nude beaches - there are only two.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Creepy organ fugues and ritualistic chanting. Our parents were all cult members.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to never get caught.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
There are humans on our tour rider, we’ll leave it at that.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
If Howard Stern can do it, so can we.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Be excessive, flirt with death.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We’re amateur knife throwers.
02:10 PM on 07/21/11
funniest one these interviews I've read in a while
More From This Author