AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Strike Anywhere News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Strike Anywhere Interview

Posted by - 12:42 PM on 05/12/07
I will be interviewing Strike Anywhere next Monday. Please leave any questions you may have in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
12:47 PM on 05/12/07
chitty
Houston Calls / Chitty
User Info.
Ask them how it feels to be one of only surviving bands to be keeping it real and true to their roots. Ask them how it feels to be so bad ass and awesome.
01:00 PM on 05/12/07
monkeyofdoom
User Info.
ask them how amazing they are going to be live tonight and why im not going to be there *dies*
01:26 PM on 05/12/07
Meerch119
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1) why did matt leave the band?

2) with all of the acoustic songs they've played for random comps/events/shows, is there any thought of doing an acosutic/folk album?

3) are the inquisition reunion shows a one time deal, or will they re-unite for more touring/albums?

thanks!
01:31 PM on 05/12/07
red_eye_inc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ask them if they felt slighted when Matt Sherwood was chosen as having a completely irresistible face. If I were Matt Sherwood, I would have made Anna Kourikova call them from the photo shoot. Ask them if that happened, too.
01:51 PM on 05/12/07
risew/thefallen
i was a teenage anarchist.
User Info.
ask them about their move from jade tree to fat wreck. if it was a cool parting from jade tree, and how they feel about being on fat wreck. ask them about how they feel about the new album (dead fm) and how they keep putitng out good solid punk rock music in today's scene of money bands. ask them when they will be back to norfolk/va beach.
02:14 PM on 05/12/07
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
1) why did matt leave the band?

2) with all of the acoustic songs they've played for random comps/events/shows, is there any thought of doing an acosutic/folk album?

3) are the inquisition reunion shows a one time deal, or will they re-unite for more touring/albums?

thanks!

These are great questions. I'd also be curious if they see any positive results taking shape from the message they've put out in their albums. While they're very political (I'd say they teeter on the edge of communism), it'd be interesting to hear if they feel like they're making steps toward change.
02:55 PM on 05/12/07
jetsto
User Info.
this band is what real punk rock is about
03:06 PM on 05/12/07
decrescendo27
www.KillLincolnDC.com
User Info.
this band is what real punk rock is about

fuck yeah
03:19 PM on 05/12/07
abcdefghijennie
"but you don't eat your shoes."
User Info.
Okay these are all worded pretty akwardly, so I'm sure you can ask them in a more eloquent way, but here's what I've got:

1. I heard that a lot of the songs on the new record were written on front porches with acoustic guitars. Besides placing more focus on the melodic aspect, how did this different environment affect the song writing process?

2. A while back you submitted a Dead FM b-side, Collateral Damage, to Peta2 (great song, by the way). Is it possible that an animal rights song will make it onto a record in the future?

3. How do you be so awesome?
08:53 PM on 05/12/07
DRUMMERGIRL121
fun fact: is left handed.
User Info.
its not a question, but let them know that i have so much respect for them.
09:07 PM on 05/12/07
DRUMMERGIRL121
fun fact: is left handed.
User Info.
actually, i do have a question, for thomas-
how does your father feel about your adressing his birth defects, and also the work your grandfather did while being part of the manhattan project in "sediton"?
09:15 PM on 05/12/07
iceboxlint
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How did Anna Kourikova find Matt and his "irresistible face"? Did she listen to Strike Anywhere? Did she know people who knew people? Did she just stumble upon a picture of his on the internet.
09:58 PM on 05/12/07
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
What albums/bands have they been listening to lately?

What are their thoughts on the current state of the "punk" scene?
10:05 PM on 05/12/07
Allular
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Here's a question for them:

After possibly touring with one or more Christian bands and getting different sides of the story, how do they feel about the actual belief of Christianity vs. the Christianity that the American government and right-winged Republicans that Strike Anywhere (probably rightfully so) portrays like on "How To Pray" and "Speak To Our Empty Pockets"?

Freakin' great band Strike Anywhere is.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version