|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Phlying Saucer - 07.14.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We wanted a stupid band name.
2. How did this band get started?
Phil and Lydell (drummer) were already in the band, and they put out a craigslist ad looking for a "pop-rock bassist" that Evan (bass) responded to. Chris joined last - he was a touring buddy of Evan's.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We like Weezer, Foo Fighters, Ash, The Muffs, Fountains of Wayne, Green Day, The Rentals, All American Rejects, and Blink 182. Basically, guitar driven melodic rock. We grew up in the 90's, so that had a lot of influence on us and we're trying to bring back the spirit of fun rock 'n roll. You may even hear a little Def Leppard and Thin Lizzy sprinkled in there.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
1988 Guns 'n Roses would be hilarious to tour with. Foo Fighters would be an awesome modern tour. 60's Beatlemania tour would be really cool to see. And Lydell wants to tour with Katy Perry because she can get it.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Cracker Barrel - 'nuff said.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If anyone likes fun rock music, doesn't want to be depressed, and likes guitar solos in harmony, they'll probably like us.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Lydell - Manny Pacquiao because of punch power and fancy footwork, Evan - Shane Graham, Chris - Any player on the Lakers, Phil - Anybody BUT Tiger Woods.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our fans and Absolute Punk. That is all.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The artist always seems to get paid last and the record companies seem to just be looking out for themselves.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Winning over the crowd at a biker bar in Vegas. It was also Phil's first drunk show...hmm...maybe there's a correlation.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great place to discover new music and find stuff that you normally wouldn't find in a big record store.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We all like different songs, but I think Lydell's would be "Two Steps," Evan's is "One Redlight" because there's a sweet synth part, Chris' is "Suddenly," and Phil's is "Blame Me."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Def Leppard and Poison...basically any 80's hair metal...and Toto!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Lydell would want x-ray vision for obvious reasons, Phil wants the Tanooki suit from Super Mario 3, Evan's would be to be able to eat cookies and never ever get full, and Chris wants fireballs.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Puke it out.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That we're actually bigger dorks than they think we are.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Yeah, I think our music stands out against what's being played on the radio today. Radio is changing, but people still listen to it whether it's on satellite, online, or in the car.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play video games, watch alien documentaries, and go out to see local shows.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Super Smash Bros.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author