AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Evolove - 07.14.11

Evolove - 07.14.11

Interviewed by
Evolove - 07.14.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Evolove (Questions answered by Colby)

Evolovetheband.com
Facebook.com/Evolovetheband
Reverbnation.com/Evolovetheband
Evolovetheband.com - Youtube.com/Evolovetheband

Members:
Lucy Levinsohn - Vocals
Billy Berman - Bass
Colby Jensen - Guitar
Dave C - Guitar

1. How did you get your band name?
Lucy was thinking of ideas for a band name and had thought about the idea of having a palindrome (spelled the same forward and backward). The first word that came to her head to describe our music was "Love." The word Evolove is kind of representative of the theory of unending love or a love that continues to grow with time, which is how we all feel about this band.

2. How did this band get started?
Lucy and Billy were in another local LA band together. When that band broke up, the two of them started searching for the perfect line up via ads on Craigslist and Myspace. They met Dave and I and we've been chugging along at full speed ever since.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
There are too many bands to name, but the bands that have a direct influence on Evolove include: My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Rise Against, A Day To Remember, AFI and Silverstein.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Our music and live show are extremely high energy. A perfect tour for us would be alongside Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, and A Day To Remember. Although, this summer we are very excited to be touring with two amazing LA bands, Gemini Syndrome and Stitched Up Heart.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Whatever leaves money in our pockets...like PB&J and El Pollo Loco.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we pour our hearts into our music...and if you can't listen to the heart, what can you listen to?

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Lebron James. It would be awesome to be so young and talented, yet still be the villain...Muahahaha!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our fans and our producer.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd make the music industry profitable again.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Packing twenty-some odd people into a school bus and sleeping like tetris pieces on our way to Austin, TX for SXSW.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means a strong and friendly outlet for humans to interact with music.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
We all like different songs for different reasons, but we always love to close our set with "Irony Of Life" because we all go nuts!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Poor man's vacation: Santa Cruz, CA / Rich man's vacation: Maui.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Bon Jovi and Cheap Trick.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to sign bands!!! Haha. Or the power to fly - that would be pretty awesome.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Naked jumping jacks. JK. We usually just all lock eyes and nod right before we step onstage.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Lucy seems like an innocent girl, but behind closed doors she can keep up with all the guy talk.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
The state of FM radio seems to be on a downhill slide, but internet radio is pretty amazing right now.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play music more and watch murder shows. Dave is pretty obsessed with horror movies.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can spin a remote in my hand like no other!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests