codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Awesome fucking song, and a pretty decent cover as well. Good job guys
05:34 AM on 07/27/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
On that note, why hasn't any Emergency Room news been posted? It's Dan's solo project and he's released a few new songs and the album is due pretty soon.

I'd try submitting it myself but nothing I ever submit gets posted, or it gets posted at a way later date by one of the staff or resubmitted by someone else, so I just won't bother anymore.
I've posted about it multiple times.
06:26 AM on 07/27/11
FigureItOut
Ignore that sinking feeling
User Info.
Never listened to this band before, but I like it.
01:43 PM on 07/27/11
Cøltøn
User Info.
Like Alk3, Bright and Early and this cover. Stoked for the compilation.
02:50 PM on 07/27/11
TheBlackVeins
LionFacedMark
User Info.
The Lion Faced Boy contributed a cover of "you're Dead" for the compilation and is track number 6.
https://www.facebook.com/Thelionfacedboy?sk=app_178091127385
06:01 PM on 07/27/11
takeiteasy_
///
User Info.
This is honestly really great. I love Bright and Early.
07:16 PM on 07/27/11
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
The Lion Faced Boy contributed a cover of "you're Dead" for the compilation and is track number 6.
https://www.facebook.com/Thelionfacedboy?sk=app_178091127385
Oh hell yeah this is cool haha.
10:17 PM on 07/27/11
LoginBanned
WWW.REALDEALONSPORTS.COM
User Info.
I'm a dumb ass I thought this said bright eyes, i'm going to have to check these guys out, I like the songs on their AP.net profile.
07:51 AM on 07/28/11
mikeXXXnj
jesus fucking christ
User Info.
I like it. But I feel like it's over-sung a bit if you know what I mean. Also, I don't like the way the drums were mixed. But it's not awful.
12:33 PM on 07/28/11
Drums4life97
mattwelsh
User Info.
We didn't want to stray too far from the original for a few reasons. Mainly, everyone just has different expectations of what they want to hear in a cover song. We threw our twist on it while keeping the main parts. So, hopefully the song at least comes off as a happy medium for not only ALK3 fans, but anyone listening in..

I enjoyed this and it's a good cover in the sense that they are playing the song as it was written, but if I wanted to hear that I would just listen to Alkaline Trio. I'm reminded of a quote by Amanda Palmer regarding her cover of Death Cab For Cutie's "I Will Follow You Into The Dark", "Faithful covers are the worst. They are useless unless you are a bar band."
05:57 PM on 07/28/11
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
I'm a dumb ass I thought this said bright eyes, i'm going to have to check these guys out, I like the songs on their AP.net profile.
I love Wide Awake it's Morning with kind of a deep passion. haha
06:00 PM on 07/28/11
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
This is honestly really great. I love Bright and Early.
Thank you! We love you back. haha.
07:51 PM on 07/28/11
Graffiti17
Bright and Early
User Info.
Stoked to hear so much positive feedback. And for the people who didn't dig it, thanks for at least checking it out.
08:41 PM on 07/28/11
Rawrz
User Info.
Pretty good cover. Listening to Trio covers is always weird for me since Matt and Dan's vocals fit the songs so well that hearing anyone else just always sounds off to me no matter how well the people covering it does.
01:17 AM on 07/30/11
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Pretty good cover. Listening to Trio covers is always weird for me since Matt and Dan's vocals fit the songs so well that hearing anyone else just always sounds off to me no matter how well the people covering it does.
You couldn't be more right man. It was def a challenge to pull this song off in a way that we were even ok with... Matt and I are pretty big Trio fans. That's really the reason that we didn't change the song too much. As a tribute to them, we decided to just do what they do, but put our feel on it. I guess haha. We're just really happy to be included in this one. Thanks for the kind words too!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos