Password

11:18 PM on 07/27/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
I am starting this thread as a spot for the three interested users to discuss coordinating the Games Round-up.

Gunn3r
Viva Sonata
Mastershake4490

Note for AP.net staff: Please ignore this thread. I gave the Games round-up group permission to post in here for their planning sessions.
11:44 PM on 07/27/11 
User Info.
Gunn3r
Portland, OR
Male - 22 Years Old
Hey guys. Just wanted to stop in and say hi, and that I'm really eager to get going on the Games Round Up. I've been wanting to get into journalism somehow, and I used this as motivation to get my blog going. I'll continually post up news stories and things typically found in the previous iteration of the Games Round Up on my site, and most of my stuff that I contribute will probably be pulled from there. That said, I'm up for contributing as much or as little as needed, and hope to help make this an article that's definitely worth reading.

Thanks,
Tyler

(By the way, if you're interested, my blog is at http://www.artificialfiction.com)
11:47 PM on 07/27/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
For your information: It works best to have one person be the collector of everybody's submissions and format them in their AP.net blog. Then you send a link to the blog when it is ready to be posted on the front page of the site. Use the default font and do all of the bolding and linking and a staff member simply copies and pastes. I will provide the 3 emails for sending the blog link when we get closer to needing that information.

Game news was originally part of the technology and the entertainment roundups. It was lemontie's idea to branch off and make it a separate roundup. He used a different format from what be_mine used recently. You can see lemontie's submissions here: http://www.absolutepunk.net/journal....3602# e300912 You have leeway to make this roundup whatever you would like. The users will certainly give you feedback and let you know what they do and do not like.
08:53 AM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
Hey, kids. Glad to be a part of the team.

I think everyone should focus on a different section or two - the three main developers [Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft], PC gaming, handheld, indie releases, misc., and gameplay/trailers.

Anything we should expand on or add feel free to let me know.
04:54 PM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
saturday_snow_squall
www.dailyslicemag.com
Denville, NJ
Male - 20 Years Old
hi! nice to meet y'all. how often is this posted? weekly?
08:27 PM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
Gunn3r
Portland, OR
Male - 22 Years Old
In the past, I believe it's been a weekly thing, to serve kind of as a wrap up of the weeks important gaming news stories.

I just started my blog on Tuesday, and have been using to kind of keep track of the major gaming news stories, and also write my own bits about them. I'm thinking it'll be pretty easy for my contribution to just pull from the major news stories that I've covered. As for dividing up stuff to cover amongst the three of us, I will be covering as much as I can no matter what, as I'm using this as journalism experience. I could post up a list before this is due and we can decide off of that list what my contribution would be. What I'm planning on covering would be what you would see from some of the larger stories on IGN.com or Joystiq (as those are where I usually browse), however I use their sources to get the information, not their sites themselves, if that makes sense.

I know that's a bit of text to read, but hey, I like to write, which is why I'm here. I look forward to helping put this together from week to week.
10:31 PM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
In the past, I believe it's been a weekly thing, to serve kind of as a wrap up of the weeks important gaming news stories.

I just started my blog on Tuesday, and have been using to kind of keep track of the major gaming news stories, and also write my own bits about them. I'm thinking it'll be pretty easy for my contribution to just pull from the major news stories that I've covered. As for dividing up stuff to cover amongst the three of us, I will be covering as much as I can no matter what, as I'm using this as journalism experience. I could post up a list before this is due and we can decide off of that list what my contribution would be. What I'm planning on covering would be what you would see from some of the larger stories on IGN.com or Joystiq (as those are where I usually browse), however I use their sources to get the information, not their sites themselves, if that makes sense.

I know that's a bit of text to read, but hey, I like to write, which is why I'm here. I look forward to helping put this together from week to week.

With all due respect, while you being full of piss and vinegar is a wonderful trait, I still think we should make this less about what you have to contribute and more about how we can divide up the work.

I'd rather not be your editor and instead contribute my fair share and be responsible for my own sections.

But that's just me.
10:40 PM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
Gunn3r
Portland, OR
Male - 22 Years Old
I didn't mean to come off that way at all. I'm sorry. What I meant for all that hot air and nonsense to say was that I'm up for pretty much anything. My overeagerness mixed with being sleep deprived cause me to go off on meaningless self-indulgent rants. My bad.
10:58 PM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
hi! nice to meet y'all. how often is this posted? weekly?

Weekly on the weekend. The weekends are slow for news items so the roundups stay on the front page longer and people have more time to look through the longer features with lots of links to browse.
11:04 PM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Sections lemontie used before were:
General News
Xbox 360 News
PS3/PSP News
Wii/DS News
PC News
Developer/Publisher News
Misc. News
Previews
Hands-on
Reviews
Out next week:

All news related information obtained off of IGN, Kotaku, Joystiq, 1UP, and Destructoid
11:10 PM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
Sections that be-Mine used before were:
SONY
MICROSOFT
NINTENDO
PC
EVERYTHING ELSE
PSAs
RELEASES

So, you can see that the two coordinators handled it differently.

You can decide how you want to do this third version of the roundup and make your own categories.

You can build it here in this thread during the week so each contributor can see what has already been pulled together or build it in your AP blogs or any other way that you want.
11:17 AM on 07/29/11 
User Info.
saturday_snow_squall
www.dailyslicemag.com
Denville, NJ
Male - 20 Years Old
okay, ill post a shitload of stuff tomorrow.
08:48 PM on 07/29/11 
User Info.
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
Portland, Maine
Male - 22 Years Old
SONY
MICROSOFT
NINTENDO

Sounds good.
10:00 PM on 07/29/11 
User Info.
Gunn3r
Portland, OR
Male - 22 Years Old
RELEASES
EVERYTHING ELSE

I can take care of those.
09:24 AM on 07/30/11 
User Info.
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
Oregon
Female
Staff Member
For this week, whenever the roundup is ready for posting you can either just quote this post of mine and I will know to look here or you can email reviews@absolutepunk.net

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos